Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#623695 29/09/17 06:36 PM
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
So, I entered the Tomb, and go to talk to everyone. I submit to getting the source purged from me, and then stupid freaking Braccus starts with his bit. I interrupt him successfully... and then he proceeds to call the Kraken anyway.

Is there no way to convince him not to do that?

I read that it was possible. I don't understand why I am able to convince him to stop... yet he decides not to stop right after that...

If it really isn't avoidable, how the hell do I win? I can't touch the stupid Kraken, because it is too far for any character to attack... and then between Braccus and it, they inevitably AOE everyone to death with their ridiculously overpowered attacks...

This is pretty damn frustrating. I've tried a TON of different tactics, and every time end up getting wiped... and don't see any way around it. If I can't attack the Kraken, and stupid Braccus teleports all over... I don't see how I am supposed to win... not to mention, I even have Lucian and Dallis on my side... so, have additional help and it still isn't enough. Pretty pissed right now.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Nevermind... I figured it out. Just have to bum rush Braccus and overwhelm him as quickly as possible. Such an annoying encounter.

addict
addict
Yup. Gotta kill Braccus to pretty much get rid of everyone else.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
i think it's one of those fake persuasion checks, where you can succeed and have it make no difference. there are a few of those in the game

it makes sense in this situation anyway, you shouldn't be able to just persuade the main villain to not do the big evil thing lol

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I don't concur. I think it should be possible. To have the option to work out something with him like you could with Ifan, the demon, or Dallis and... the other guy.

It is also annoying to have no reason to think that Braccus is the only one that you should focus on. It is the Kraken which summons everyone else, and as far as I could tell, Braccus wasn't soul-bound to the Kraken, so there was no reason to believe they were linked. And given that it is the Kraken which summons un-ending bad guys and has huge AOE attacks, it seems reasonable to assume that you need to focus on it, not Braccus.

Also, the game cheeses and sticks your party as far away from him as possible if you accept getting purged. I had to object to it, move everyone to crowd around near Lucian, and then attack Braccus until he went hostile just to end up with my party in a "fair" position. It literally tries to default to put you in the worst position possible for you at the beginning of combat.

Very much despise that final combat.

Last edited by michaelgalt1984; 30/09/17 08:02 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Honestly whole Arx feels rushed. It feels empty quest wise/interesting people wise (95% are just filler NPC's), and quests in general are terribly organized/written. I had to look up what to do for most quests as I just couldn't figure out what to do.

Anyway that last fight was so laughable. I killed Braccus in 1 turn (granted I allied with Lucian, and he landed to killing blow, but he would have been dead anyway); teleported him from his starting point to where my party was, then used my other 3 guys (especially my 2h-warrior guy with that special weapon) to bring him down to like 5% health in one go.

And i think you can ally with the God-king if you chose Fane/or an Undead as your character. On the nameless isle I was at least giving the option to join the Covenant and become a follower of the God King, and I would assume if you chose that options you would be able to ally with him. You prob got to kill your companies though. If not then that's just lame.

Last edited by Synx; 30/09/17 09:46 PM.
If you have the Anathema, you can end the fight so fast.

I was playing on Tactician with my SO and we killed the Kraken via combat, it wasn't until later in the fight did we realize you only had to kill Braccus... Lol!

journeyman
journeyman
I kind of agree about an apparent lack on content in the final act. The area has a great design and plenty of nice work is already done... but a few more NPCs or even a couple name-changes with some additional quests.

Especially in the entire area prior to the harbor and the bridge to the city... there what like 7 NPCs that are just chillin' waiting to "get into Arx" and have nothing to give you? No quests or anything... just a wealthy Nobleman who has gold for selling. Could relate a quest to the runes found SW area of the map... so many great ideas for what this map already has

In my line of work, it's never a quiet day on the market.
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I think that my Anathema might have been bugged. I did everything necessary to get it made, and stupid Tarquin kept asking me if I wanted to "rush perfection". I wanted to say, "Yes a-hole, given the fact that I am about to fight an arch-demon and then possibly fight a god or gods after that... maybe you could give me the weapon designed for that specific purpose... that would be great..." :l

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by michaelgalt1984
So, I entered the Tomb, and go to talk to everyone. I submit to getting the source purged from me, and then stupid freaking Braccus starts with his bit. I interrupt him successfully... and then he proceeds to call the Kraken anyway.

Is there no way to convince him not to do that?

I read that it was possible. I don't understand why I am able to convince him to stop... yet he decides not to stop right after that...

If it really isn't avoidable, how the hell do I win? I can't touch the stupid Kraken, because it is too far for any character to attack... and then between Braccus and it, they inevitably AOE everyone to death with their ridiculously overpowered attacks...

This is pretty damn frustrating. I've tried a TON of different tactics, and every time end up getting wiped... and don't see any way around it. If I can't attack the Kraken, and stupid Braccus teleports all over... I don't see how I am supposed to win... not to mention, I even have Lucian and Dallis on my side... so, have additional help and it still isn't enough. Pretty pissed right now.

Hey there! Since it seems this didn't bug out for you, I would appreciate it greatly if you could briefly describe what actually happens once you submit to give away your source as in my plea in this topic:

http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=624550#Post624550

Thanks in advance! smile

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard