Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Is it possible to change Loading Screen pic with mod? Or we can only do it this way:

Step 1: Unpack Archie into the Divinity: Original Sin 2 Folder
Step 2: Now Delete the folder - Public/Game/GUI

C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
bump

addict
addict
No, the loading screen is not moddable.

Sorry,
Kevin

CTRL+K the elf
M
stranger
stranger
M
I had the EXACT same question several days ago, and.............. it IS very much possible. :horsey:

Basically, you need to unpack the Game.pak file, locate the loadingScreen.swf file, decompile/edit that flash file, replace the image file (#5) for background, save the updated flash file, recompile the Game.pak file, move it back into the Divinity data files, and voila.

Busy now, so here's a screenshot for now, and I will write up detailed instructions later.

[img:left]https://postimg.org/image/4mjm0tlivf/[/img]

R
apprentice
apprentice
R
Hey, it's very much possible, as mosefthebrosef said, and you do not even need to recompile the Game.pak (I think doing so will cause issue with later patches etc, but not sure.)

Anyway. You do need to unpack the Game.pak, and you do need to decompile the loadingScreen.swf file.

I used the JPEXS free flash decompiler. It is open source software, so no watermarks nonsense. All it takes just couple of clicks to select and replace the loading screen image within and then save the loadingScreen.swf again.

Then dumped the said loadingScreen.swf file into ...\steamapps\common\Divinity Original Sin 2\Data\Public\Game\GUI folder, that I had to create inside the game's directory. Worked like a charm. The path for GOG version is likely different, though.

(My Lohse avatar wasn't a redhead, so it was bugging me, please don't judge laugh I think the concept art was amazing otherwise!)

Last edited by rheia; 06/10/17 02:28 AM.
P
stranger
stranger
P
Maybe some one knows where to find loadingScreen.swf of Definitive edition?
I tried to extract it from
Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition\DefEd\Data\game.pak
But loadingScreen.swf is ~empty there, no loading image, just black image :|

M
stranger
stranger
M
+1

I have the same issue it would be nice to change a screen I've seen so many times when there are such great work before in the normal edition

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard