Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
MAHak Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I'm working on one, but for now it is mostly level building and lore making, as I'm waiting for more documentation/guides/tutorials and editor patches/updates.

I hope to have a half-baked level ready, with some fights and dialogs, ready in some weeks.

For more info about the setting, check out this link and look for my posts.

old hand
old hand
Yup! Mostly in the prototyping stage to make sure what mechanics are feasible, although Nimue_de and I have done quite a bit of plot and quest planning prior to the editor being released. Once the systems and scope are nailed down I think I'll turn what is currently an internal only website into a public one and blog about our progress.

Do you plan to make a separate thread to keep people updated about your progress? Now that we're getting past the initial release of the toolset it would be fun and motivating to see updates on how people are coming along with their projects.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
addict
addict
Yes, I am working on a highly randomized story campaign.
Currently implementing various randomized gathering respawning systems.

http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=621732#Post621732

Wish you the very best, fellow modders, cheers.

Last edited by Cromcrom; 02/10/17 12:19 PM.

Un chemin de 1000 lieues commence par un premier pas.

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere
M
MAHak Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by Windemere
Do you plan to make a separate thread to keep people updated about your progress?

Yep, but I don't want to make a thread yet before I have something "releasable". I my case a "half-baked" bug ridden foreplay of a demo. In also want to release some lore documents along side, so they have to be completed as well. I've been working on the lore, on and off for 4 years, but a lot of it is still just notes.

I asked Larian in another thread if we could have more categories on the modding forum, so we could have an actual dedicated projects section.

Now that we're getting past the initial release of the toolset it would be fun and motivating to see updates on how people are coming along with their projects.

Agreed. All I can offer at the moment are some screenshots of the fishing village that I am making.

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

Picture 4

Edit: The level is basically a redo of a level for the first game's editor. In the first game's editor there was a lighthouse, something I asked Larian for in the post I linked to. Sadly there is no lighthouse in this editor, so I had to make one, or a resemblance, myself.

Last edited by MAHak; 02/10/17 12:52 PM.
K
stranger
stranger
K
Yes I'm working on a large custom campaign.
So far its been a lot of character, lore and story building to help flesh out the world.
Once more editor support starts to pop up (tutorials and the like), the rubber will start to meet the road!

Something I have been wondering for some time now - can we fully voice our custom campaigns?
I hope so, although I'm certain my voice acting will be cringey a f.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by MAHak
All I can offer at the moment are some screenshots of the fishing village that I am making...

Very nice, looks like you have a good handle on area design. Nice arrangement of placeables and the texturing in your more finished area is coming along very well.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
addict
addict
This is great to hear and the idea sounds amazing laugh Good luck! Be sure to stay vocal on issues you encounter etc. so we can help pave the way. We want to see these adventures just as much as you guys smile

We're also going to update the structure of the forum, like requested, to have some more subforums for finished mods and work-in-progress mods where you can post updates smile I'll try to get that restructure done this week.

CTRL+K the elf
addict
addict
That would be great, Kevin
Cheers.

Last edited by Cromcrom; 02/10/17 04:28 PM.

Un chemin de 1000 lieues commence par un premier pas.

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere
M
M
yeah, i am also working on an adventure - today i made some good progress with osiris scripting smile my first adventure and my first mod i ever created lol - lets see if i have a bit more to show ill create a thread to post about updates etc smile

M
MAHak Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by Larian_KVN
We're also going to update the structure of the forum, like requested, to have some more subforums for finished mods and work-in-progress mods where you can post updates smile I'll try to get that restructure done this week.

Cool... but hey don't stress it, I'm sure there are other pressing matters to attend.
Even though it looks like you guys have already done the restructuring, might as well just had said "I'll try to get that restructuring done this day." cool2

M
M
lol forum got updated haha

addict
addict
We're so fast we don't even realize ourselves how fast cool

But yea, don't worry about other pressing matters. The users are our main priority!

CTRL+K the elf
C
C
I started on a "library" of common structures to import in any new project, with my goal to try to reproduce "the sunless citadel" landmarks and dungeon so a GM can run an adventure there. However I'm limited on time and progress is sloooooooooooooooow

E
journeyman
journeyman
E
I'm working on re-creating my "Under Siege" adventure from Neverwinter Online.
I think I've got the terrain down, and some Dwarven Keep walls, now I need to figure out how to interact with items and trigger scripts so I can turn on/off my Dwarven Steam Forge, and turn on/off water on my fountain.

journeyman
journeyman
Here's my WIP first level from my standalone campaign. Been doing mostly questing and scripting recently, probably going to be expanding the map soon.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Branvex; 07/10/17 03:10 PM.
M
M
looks very nice bro! same for me - scripting can take a full day with little progress - sometimes i have to do other stuff to not get completely frustrated haha then i start creating a dungeon or upgrade the main map haha

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard