Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
L
Lothar Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Hi

First of all i am really congratulations to all of your team for this amazing game. I am playing RPG and action RPG games nearly 20 + years and last 6-7 years i thought it is dying than divine came :) what else now my friends from community and real life start to ask same question after 100 + hours playtime .

What is next and when ?

And of course we are sure next time we can not see the end of game after 2 weeks. It will contain much more content

ooorrrrrr Larian style MMO ?? who knows.

This can be just an idea for you now at your side. But if you can share with us we will start to wait and talk to each other about some RPG dreams will never happen :)

Best regards and thanks.

Somtimes some ppl just make their jobs for passion. They can be sure ppl will follow them.

MMO? Oh god no, that would be awful.

I'm hoping for some decent sized content updates for GM mode and for the editor.

Let's not even start talking about DOS 3 for another year or two. DOS 2 should have several years of life ahead of it through the GM mode and modding community.

enthusiast
enthusiast
There is a whole Malady part unresolved and that's super interesting because she's a very interesting character for me and it would be cool to know what's her deal there.

I do think they should make expansion with that in mind, because story has sort of unfinished and exciting plotline right now which I'd love to tackle with current team, while new game can be in a whole other period.

Also technically God King is not defeated in this game, despite the wrap up shots you did not beat him directly and expansion could be about turning those end slides in reality + loose ends like Malady.

Last edited by Gaidax; 02/10/17 10:13 AM.
Originally Posted by Ghatt
MMO? Oh god no, that would be awful.

I'm hoping for some decent sized content updates for GM mode and for the editor.

Let's not even start talking about DOS 3 for another year or two. DOS 2 should have several years of life ahead of it through the GM mode and modding community.

GM mode needs some serious love, imho. But, with that, I think this game could stay relevant for a while yet.

stranger
stranger
I'm holding out hope for an "enhanced" edition re-release that reworks and tightens up the messy systems in the game.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Leafy Kale
I'm holding out hope for an "enhanced" edition re-release that reworks and tightens up the messy systems in the game.

I hope they will hurry up and work on whatever comes next.

veteran
veteran
It is kind of a huge let down, that people feel an EE is necessary for the game to be fine.

EE from the first was a gift from the devs and a possible EE should not be an excuse for an underwhelming game.

Also they can hardly balance coop, they for sure could not balance MMO.

W
enthusiast
enthusiast
W

I know Larian did it for dos1 not an enhanced edition of a game is the worst thung ive ever heard of. Sure for them it makes miney but to me its hey we didnt make the game as good as it should have been the first time so we fixes it and want you to buy it again.

If they did that this would be the last Larian game I ever buy.

S
S

They will only make it worse. They did it for OS1, they did it for Div2, they're already in the process of doing it here.

Larian is a very backwards company. All other games the best advice is "don't play at release, wait until they patch it". For Larian games it's "don't download the patches, play it at release".

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Kalrakh
It is kind of a huge let down, that people feel an EE is necessary for the game to be fine.

EE from the first was a gift from the devs and a possible EE should not be an excuse for an underwhelming game.

D:OS2 is underwhelming game?

I am sorry, but it is an excellent and solid game, the fact that some have beef with various things around they personally do not like does not suddenly make it "underwhelming".

Some stuff needs changes and fixes for their next big effort, but calling D:OS2 underwhelming? I think such description does not represent reality.

At the very least one can say this game is good and I'd love more of those around, even if they do not achieve 100% at everything.

Last edited by Gaidax; 02/10/17 01:31 PM.
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Gaidax

D:OS2 is underwhelming game?

I think so.

Depends on your main reasons for playing the game, I suppose. Some people play games for a few days, or long enough to write a review, focus on all the things you can supposedly do in the game, are happy to call it good then move on to other things.

Other people actually play games critically, analyze the things you can do and whether it gives the illusion of depth, or if some decisions are actually highly detrimental to extended playability.

I'm harder on DOS2 than other games, because it's so close to what I want it to be. So many great things about it. It's like someone serving up a delicious, perfectly cooked steak, setting it in front of you, then hocking a big slimey loogie right in the middle of it with some aggressively poor design decisions.

Sure, the portions around the edges are still great, and if you close your eyes you can ignore the big spit wad right in the middle. But your ability to find joy in the experience is extremely diminished.

Q
apprentice
apprentice
Q
Divinity: Original Sin 2 likely to receive additional content, but not an Enhanced Edition
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...tent-but-not-an-enhanced-edition.118490/

I think D:OS 2 is a great game. It's just Larian was never a very game mechanics oriented studio, and like Sotanaht said, they often make things worse by reworking them. For players who care more about tactical RPG gameplay than general RPG gameplay, better waits for Banner Saga 3, Knights of Chalice 2 or any franchise that's actually known for its good mechanics design.

veteran
veteran
If something does not manage to match your expectations it is underwhelming. That is a pretty simple definition. I was with the EA from the start, I was one of those, who pointed out, that the first attribute system was even more horrible than the current system. I witnesses many changes during the EA, some for the good, some for the bed. But even after the release, the game just feels half baked, like they had many good ideas but no real concept to achieve them.

Sure, I understand, why they did some changes, but the core issue seems to be, they just wanted to change to much for being able to do it properly. That is way in many expects it feels worse than the first and not like an improvement. And some stuff that was already bad in the first game like inventory management remained pretty untouched.

So yes, it is unverwhelming for me. Perhaps not for most people, but most people are pretty easily satisfiable.

enthusiast
enthusiast
So yes, it is unverwhelming for me. Perhaps not for most people, but most people are pretty easily satisfiable.

Perhaps some people have unreasonable expectations of others doing something exactly as they envision.

Honestly in such state of mind everything in existence is underwhelming.

I personally wanted a good classic RPG with turn-based combat and that's what I have ultimately got. Big numbers or various mechanics mishaps do not detract from the bigger picture of this being a good turn-based RPG.

veteran
veteran
I don't think, I had that high expectations. I expected an improvement to D:OS1, not a 0815 Turn Based without any real character developement possibilities which looks like the first. Cheap number bloat mechanics are only one of the many flaws of this game.

B
apprentice
apprentice
B

I don't think that most people are easily satisfiable in this day and age of gaming. Compared to how many RPGs are out there, it is only a few that achieve such high praise. So saying that most people are easily satisfiable is a bit of a stretch in my opinion.

As for the continuation of DOS, I think it would be pretty cool to see a DOS MMO. If they can manage to keep the spirit of DOS1&2 and convert that feeling of freedom to an MMO that would be awesome.

Last edited by Bokajon; 02/10/17 04:06 PM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Sotanaht
Larian is a very backwards company. All other games the best advice is "don't play at release, wait until they patch it". For Larian games it's "don't download the patches, play it at release".

I don't think that is a common feeling among their masses.

addict
addict
I will take whatever give me more lizard playable.

I'm just happy they added voice acting and it was so well done.

In early access, I cried entering a new area with NPCs. That's a lot of reading, bleh. Reminded me of my Morrowind days.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Alexstrasza
In early access, I cried entering a new area with NPCs. That's a lot of reading, bleh. Reminded me of my Morrowind days.

The main problem with Morrowind was the vast expanse of greige. The Divinities were always prettier than that.

Well, except for Beyond Divinity.

J'aime le fromage.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard