journeyman
Looking good man. smile

We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents. - Bob Ross
morez Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Greetings!

I hadn't much time to continue on this map and probably will even have less time ressources in the upcoming weeks. Therefore i decided to publish it in the current state as BETA version, to improve it later, and hope to get some feedback in the meanwhile that could guide me how to finish the map.

Before publishing some questions to you guys with a higher rank in loremaster!
  • Are there general advices, DOs and DONT's before publishing?
  • Is there a way to place GM stickies in the editor? Or something similar to provide information about hidden paths, general idea of the setting, fractions and so on? In generally I just want to provide ideas, which came up while building the level, which was developed very much on the flow but some narratives came naturally up in my mind. Don't want to be too restrictive and keep it more like a sandbox.
  • Instead of fog, i would like to place cloud placeables on the margins of the map (did so with black clouds available out of the box mainly for making the world map). Any advice how to do or to find big cloud items to place in the map (no i don't want that deathfog)? This would make the map prettier when using the cam hack tool.
  • I still can't make sound files working, heard that this is an general issue and decided to wait?
  • Any good advice how to do poison traps with one of those earth whole items?

Here the ingame world map i created (click it for zooming in 4Kx4K)?
[Linked Image]

morez Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Would you like a minimap / world map alternative like this ?

[Linked Image]

enthusiast
enthusiast
Gonna test and use this for sure. Love the world map but don't think I'd like the minimap much. It looks cool though!

My GM Add-ons on Steam.
old hand
old hand
Artistically, it's really cool but on a practical level it would probably irritate me if I'm being honest. smile

Congrats on the release, looks like a fine job.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
morez Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Before release i was waiting to get some answers on my questions actually. Especially if i could do stickies via editor.

morez Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Still i was looking for a way how to make notes in the editor for GMs.

I post my general ideas about the level shortly here in spoiler tags

!SPOILER ALARM!

I wrote this up for a private chat but now for time management i reuse it here for this post:
[Linked Image]

This was my first map, so there was now intentional plan, but it developed in the mapping flow and so came possible ideas about the setting.

Generally i imagine the scene as a once great city (with possible important treasure) that got swallowed by the nature (earth and roots).

Markers on the map.

1 - my intended starting point, though could be used as cave entry to enter the mud mountain and ruins

2 - alternative starting point, or possible exit point.

3 - root object can be destroyed and then the ruins are accessible via teleport spell.

4 - dynamic object (rubble) can be destroyed to access ruins via teleport.

5 - hidden platform behind the waterfall (camera is a mess as generally not polished yet in the level)

6 - possible this i called eagle rock and i imagined a nature people with wings (winged elves maybe) living there. Possible to join forces with these against the undead in the ruins. Possible plot to find out that they were responsible (or had a part) for the destruction of the city. (i imagined even possible taking (moral) sides with either the "elves" or the "undead".
Imagined a nature elf lair level inside the cave connected to the fallen river. (still to do this level but lacking the time and maybe i would like to do some entirely different map.

7 - possible encounter with archers, zombies crawlers poison

8 - possible encounter, here could be realized that the city was swallowed by roots and earth.

9 - possible encounter recommended with archer and poison. I imagined the tree coming out of the wall as a possible entry into the mud ruins. If allied with the eagle rock faction, they could help here in a battle or vice versa.

10 - this actually is the most unsure part of the map and i though even to delete it. Imagined this as the cage for monsters and abnormal creatures of the once big city. Maybe this decadence finally brought the rage of the nature and the city's fall.

As i said i builded this area with the flow and therefore sometimes it is hard to redo or delete some parts of it. But i bet by changing certain things and also radically delete some parts (10) and create some new could certainly improve the map.

I really would like to find a way to implement these ideas via markers stickies just visible for the GM, though via editor because as i stated when creating a new GM campaign, it will be hard for people to import it in their running GM session.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard