Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
OK.. in this one we are going to drop in a chair and a NPC and then make him sit on the chair.

1: Lets grab a chair from the resources... I use FUR_Humans_Citz_Chair_Poor_A in this example. Drop it onto your level.

2: Grab your NPC and drop them next to the chair. I used GameMaster_PoorCivilian_Easy_Human_Female

3: Now select your chair and change its NAME (not display name) to S_FUR_Humans_Citz_Chair_Poor_A - Make sure you remember this. You must add the S_ as a prefix for it to show in the list later.

4: Now select your NPC, and edit the scripts attribute.

5: In the Edit Scripts.. search for and add the "Sit" script.

6: Now select the "Seat" attribute for that script and find the chair you renamed. "S_FUR_Humans_Citz_Chair_Poor_A" from the drop down list.

7: Save and reload .. and when you hit play your NPC will wander over and take a pew.

Hope thats useful, let me know if you want more of these.

Last edited by Scottworld; 03/10/17 02:00 PM.
Nice. Thanks. I havent tried it yet, but I will later wink.

Can you make a npc sit on the ground? I have not seen it in the game (as far as I remember), but I was creating a game the other day where I wanted a NPC to sit by a fire.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
You can use a "stool" ..try "GameMaster_Stool_01"
When you place the stool, turn off snap to floor and translate it so the top of the stool is just at ground level and follow the tutorial above.

The NPC will then sit at ground level.

His legs will be below ground I am afraid so you may have to decorate around them. (rugs or something ?)

alternatively ... stick a stool "inside" a rock. The NPC will then sit on a rock. That would look good around a camp fire.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Tiqon
Nice. Thanks. I havent tried it yet, but I will later wink.

Can you make a npc sit on the ground? I have not seen it in the game (as far as I remember), but I was creating a game the other day where I wanted a NPC to sit by a fire.

You can override an NPCs animation from story with a single call. For a list of many animations you can look at the story goal _Global_CharacterAnimations. There are some looping sit animations you could try to see if they are suitable, like 'Sit_Sleep_01_Loop' and 'Sit_Sleep_02_Loop'. I don't know if there are additional animations not listed in that goal.

e.g. You could put a line like this right in the INIT section of a goal
Code
CharacterSetAnimationOverride(CHARACTERGUID_Humans_Male_Armor_A_000_bfabfade-1117-4839-9124-d1e3525dded7, "Sit_Sleep_02_Loop");

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
F
stranger
stranger
F
Is there a way to override an NPCs default animation in divinity engine 2? I have noticed there is a campfire sitting animation in the editor and have been trying to figure out how to force this animation or set this animation on to an NPC who is currently just standing idle next to the fire.

T
addict
addict
T
I added a page with information about animation overrides yesterday: https://docs.larian.game/Standard_Character_Animations

As it mentions, you can only force one of the custom sitting animations on characters that are already sitting on something. So first make the sit, then apply an animation override.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Please show us how to make an NPC sit on the floor, next to a campfire....(without his legs sticking through the terrain)

(That is use case... from the previous posts.)

NPC sit on floor, by a fire... and look natural. (not like they are sitting on a chair).

J
journeyman
journeyman
J
That animation can be played like any other animation called by a script (I used it in my EMOTES mod) but to be honest it doesn't look that great. Their arms glitch into their bodies and legs despite sitting properly on the ground.

The name of the animation is Sit_Campfire_01

CharacterSetAnimationOverride(_Char,"Sit_Campfire_01");

Link Copied to Clipboard