Next Thread
Print Thread
J
JerBear Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
Why doesn't the effect just make it so that your party can only attack the caster of Taunt instead of making them run around like a chicken without a head doing totally random nonsense, wasting potentially expensive expendables... It's essentially a slightly less intense form of Mad and makes zero sense TBH.

addict
addict
I haven't had taunt cast on my party yet, but that does sound awful. In my opinion, it would make sense to have normal AP required to attack the taunter, but to attack any others would require 2-3x the usual AP.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
yeah, taunt in this game is just a pass from me. i never use it because it seems to only work half the time (i know it doesn't work on physical armor, to be clear) and the way it works on player characters is nonsense

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
I taunted a voidwoken bug only for it to run past my incarnate and hit other people. It doesn't even work really. It seems to make them more likely to hit you, but whether they hit you or run away from you feels completely random to me. And then when you get taunted it makes me lol tbh. "doing totally random nonsense" is an accurate description of the taunt debuff, at least when it's on your party members anyway.

old hand
old hand
How taunt works for the AI does not sound awful, it's very good indeed. Why is it so terrible to have some advantages for the AI which is usually dumb as bread? I really fear taunt and charm and that is great. Yesterday I had a hard struggle against the puppet maker in Arx who charmed half of my party a time.

When I taunted (mostly with the incarnate) it usually worked well. Sometimes it may not work if the agressivenes of the enemy is too high perhaps.

Last edited by geala; 03/10/17 05:52 AM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
Originally Posted by geala
How taunt works for the AI does not sound awful, it's very good indeed. Why is it so terrible to have some advantages for the AI which is usually dumb as bread? I really fear taunt and charm and that is great. Yesterday I had a hard struggle against the puppet maker in Arx who charmed half of my party a time.

When I taunted (mostly with the incarnate) it usually worked well. Sometimes it may not work if the agressivenes of the enemy is too high perhaps.

Charm is fine. Mad is fine. But why should taunt work the exact same way? Three almost exactly identical status effects? Sides, it doesn't even make sense, ''taunt'' implies aggression and how taunt usually works involves forcing others to attack you.

It should, fundamentally, not work the same as charm or mad. Charm -> conversion to enemy side. Makes logical sense. Mad -> erratic actions. Makes logical sense. Taunt -> doing random things. No logical sense.

Last edited by vometia; 03/10/17 06:35 AM. Reason: formatting
G
apprentice
apprentice
G
If you could control your actions while taunted, then you would choose to do nothing until the taunt wore off.

veteran
veteran
No, you would murder of the taunter while you wait for taunt to pass (or it passing with the taunters dead).
That's how it SHOULD work.

K
stranger
stranger
K
I use my main character to taunt nearly every encounter and I've never had an AI ignore it. Remember the enemies need to have zero physical armor for it to work.

Maybe it has something to do with the incarnate?

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
I never had probelms with enemy that i taunted.

BUT.... if AI taunts me my character just running in stupid ways and drinking all the possible potions like idiot.

B
stranger
stranger
B
I would have preferred that you would just do reduced damage to anyone but the taunter.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard