Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
I'm only part way through the second act of the game.

It seems like Anyone trying to save the world is a bunch of pushy jerks. I just don't trust any of them. All of the gods for sure seem terrible and I just want to make sure they all die.

Then there's all the demons on the Bloodmoon island, they're all laid back and just give me things right away... I liked them way more than Malady though, she's annoyingly vague.

Are there any likeable heroes in this game? I feel like they're all way too douchey.

C
apprentice
apprentice
C
The gameplay is fun, but the characters in this story remind me of most special snowflake PCs/DM PCs in basically every DM's first D&D campaign. Everyone is intentionally vague, intentionally 'look at how amazing I am', constantly in your face about how powerless you are in comparison to them, has abilities you'll never get despite them being 5 levels lower than you, etc. Everyone knows you're a Godwoken by default, somehow, but they all act like they're better than you anyway.

I'm not really a huge fan of the story overall, but that would have probably been remedied if the key players weren't all Chaotic Retarded characters that would manage to find a way to sit in the corner of a completely spherical room - and the few that aren't edgy end up being obnoxiously arrogant and unlikeable. I think the only 'key' character I actually liked throughout the story was Lohse, and she was only a small step behind Malady on the 'DM's first half-human, half-angel, half-demon, half-Gundam Deus Ex Machina character' scale.

All the protagonists are competing with you so of course there will be some tension. I rather enjoy that tension tbh. It keeps me on my toes and I have to be careful with my choices.

C
apprentice
apprentice
C
Competing with someone doesn't mean you have to act borderline antagonistic or arrogant towards them. Almost every single character in the main story, even the ones you aren't actually competing with (and have their own agenda), is having a power trip, acting like they're objectively better than you, or being so vague they might as well be hindering you.

Most of the characters are easily categorized as special snowflakes, rather than just being likeable characters with their own agendas.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by BlueGuy
All the protagonists are competing with you so of course there will be some tension. I rather enjoy that tension tbh. It keeps me on my toes and I have to be careful with my choices.

Can't compete when they have far superior abilities then you all the time, even by end game NPCs who are lower level will have all these amazing abilities that you never get.

Hell, where the fk is my "Source Blast", we see that being used at level 1 by Wendigo when she's like lvl 8 or some crap.

Really, almost all NPC's are obnoxious and know it all, and i pretty much agree with what has been said up there ^. They all apparently know you're godwoken, except the magisters that are roaming around lol.

old hand
old hand
Luckily there are not so many likeable heroes in the story. Ok, maybe later a little bit, depends on what you do. The game developed much to my liking after Act 2. I still have to see the sugarcoated guys and gals like from f.e. Lord of the Rings, generic movie x or game y, who always bore me to hell.

Last edited by geala; 02/10/17 05:21 AM.
F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
After finally hearing the stories from the other Origin characters, I like them better. The Red Prince has a pretty great story and Fane seems to know what's going on.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Play your own character and show them whose boss.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
people really dislike fictional characters behaving arrogantly towards you? who takes themselves that seriously?

i love it when the red prince or fane or meistr siva talk to me like my brain is a peanut. not only is it funny, but in at least the former 2 cases, it allows room for their characters to develop. and develop they do

this game would be horribly boring if everyone was just friendly to you all the way through. the characters you meet are a diverse collection from various backgrounds, all of whom are initially set in their ways and mindsets. this makes each character's journey more interesting as it unfolds, and as they unfold along with it

just chill and give the characters the benefit of the doubt. more often than not their surface condescension is a smoke screen for something else

Last edited by miaasma; 04/10/17 01:13 AM.
V
stranger
stranger
V
Wow in a game where you can choose to be arrogant or not you guys all chose to be arrogant??

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard