Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
K
stranger
stranger
K
A quick question. Any plans to make wands/staffs damage increase recipe as well? (it could be based on essence lv 1-14 small 15+ high quality)

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
Originally Posted by Elvasat
I dont want to use vanilla tools as my recipes, since i cannot assign weapons (tools like pickaxe, dagger etc.) root templates.

Yes, you can.

1. Create a root template, or derive one from an existing root template.
2. Create a stat record.
3. Attach the stat record to the root template by filling in the Stats field in the root template.

The name of the stat record does not have to match the name of the root template.

old hand
old hand
A minor suggestion, i would like the food items and crafting to be more sensible.

And easier on the players both from need to figure out the right combinations and ease of getting rid of all those food items more easily because they clog the inventory a lot. In addition to all other stuff.

Thing is, most food items you can craft require some very specific ingredients and there is a lot of everyday combinations that everyone knows but just dont exist in the game.

Water + fish = fish soup, for example.
There is a lot of simple soups that should be available.

Then there is a need to craft "meals" from several ingredients, not just two specific ones.
There can be a lot of various cakes added, as well as broths and stews that can have lax demand on exact ingredients but could easily be made from several. Like cooking 4 or five or six fruits into a fruit cake, or several fish into a fish stew, or several vegetables into a vegatable cake or a stew.
Same goes for meat. Just let me throw several pieces in the pot and get a slightly better meal.

I would add some small bonus for each item used so a stew with six ingredients could have a 1 or 2% greater effect for each component then the one with two or three. And maybe these "greater meals" could have an additional elemental resistance added. or maybe boost an attribute for some reasonable amount for specific number of turns. More ingredients - the longer the effect lasts.

Being able to set up your own cooking station is mandatory but i see this mod already takes care of that so thats great.

Elvasat Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by fireundubh

Yes, you can.
1. Create a root template, or derive one from an existing root template.
2. Create a stat record.
3. Attach the stat record to the root template by filling in the Stats field in the root template.
The name of the stat record does not have to match the name of the root template.

http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=75870&Number=620772#Post620772

Originally Posted by Hiver
A minor suggestion, i would like the food items and crafting to be more sensible.
And easier on the players both from need to figure out the right combinations and ease of getting rid of all those food items more easily because they clog the inventory a lot. In addition to all other stuff.
Thing is, most food items you can craft require some very specific ingredients and there is a lot of everyday combinations that everyone knows but just dont exist in the game.
Water + fish = fish soup, for example.
There is a lot of simple soups that should be available.
Then there is a need to craft "meals" from several ingredients, not just two specific ones.
There can be a lot of various cakes added, as well as broths and stews that can have lax demand on exact ingredients but could easily be made from several. Like cooking 4 or five or six fruits into a fruit cake, or several fish into a fish stew, or several vegetables into a vegatable cake or a stew.
Same goes for meat. Just let me throw several pieces in the pot and get a slightly better meal.
I would add some small bonus for each item used so a stew with six ingredients could have a 1 or 2% greater effect for each component then the one with two or three. And maybe these "greater meals" could have an additional elemental resistance added. or maybe boost an attribute for some reasonable amount for specific number of turns. More ingredients - the longer the effect lasts.
Being able to set up your own cooking station is mandatory but i see this mod already takes care of that so thats great.

Those are good suggestions indeed. I will definitely take them into account in next version of the mod. Since my main focus is Food and Ingredient recipes now.

I will rework on used materials and stats of the result. Basically more food goes into pot, more stats you gain from the food. I want to have a comprehensive Food crafting overhaul. It might take a little bit time.

Do you have any more recipes in your mind like fish soup? I would love to hear that.

I started a new topic about food recipes. Everyone can contribute if they want.

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/1139958448/1495615865230097642/

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F

I saw it already. You're looking in the wrong place.

There is no RootTemplate column in Armor, Weapon, and Shield stats.

You don't assign the RootTemplate to the stat record.

You assign the stat record to the RootTemplate.

[Linked Image]

old hand
old hand
water+fish = fish soup - add more fish to get a better version of the fish soup.
water+2(any)fish+tomato+potato = fish stew or "brudet"
water+those fing crab pincers i can never find a use for = crab soup
water+crab pincers+fish+seashells+tomato+wine = gregada

water+meat= meat soup + more meat = better soup
water+meat+meat+potato = meat stew (any meat types) + paprika = better stew
water+meat+flour = meatloaf
water+chicken legs = chicken soup

water + flour + eyaballs = lizard delight pie (usable only by lizards, gives disease to other races)

water+(any)rock+flour = dwarven bread (can be thrown as a weapon doing small amount of bludgeoning damage + chance of knockdown + bypasses magical armor)
- edited, maybe meat isnt necessary here... probably not.

Dwarven bread+stick or branch+rope=mace (small damage+chance of knockdown+bypasses magical armor)

There can be similar special food items for Elfs and Undead only. Something based around wood, branches and various plants (all those used for potions otherwise) and mushrooms for Elves. Elves eat freaky stuff style.

Undead already have poisonous food so something along that style...

ill add more if i remember.

Last edited by Hiver; 26/09/17 05:27 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Hello there,

I was wondering when you will upload this crazy useful mod on nexus... I've got DOS2 from gog and well it doesn't have the steam workshop support.

Cheers

H
stranger
stranger
H
Awesome mod idea. Better crafting is always more than welcome.

Ons question/suggestion, though: Have you thought about tying some of the more powerful crafting recipes to a new skill? Perhaps "tinkering" or something along the lines.

The skill itself would govern the recipes you have access to by walling them off behind the needed skill level and also potentially unlocking some crafting-related traits.

It'd allow for even more robust and useful crafting system without that "free for all" style, which allows you to make anything you wish as long as you google the recipe.

Also, as a sidenote, certain recipes could also be purchasable from merchants or looted, either as a way to somewhat circumvent the need for higher crafting skill or as a way of putting a completely unique recipes that would ONLY be accessible via that one particular merchant or found in that one specific place/chest/enemy corpse.

S
stranger
stranger
S
here are some ideas for future food recipes:
Bread + cheese+tomato = bruschetta
cold smashed potato + meat = steak & smashed potato
pepper + garlic + any meat/fish + pumpkin + tomato = pepper stew
boiled potato + cheese = raclette (suisse food)
boiled potato + garlick + any meat = Ragout

Elvasat Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by fireundubh

I saw it already. You're looking in the wrong place.
There is no RootTemplate column in Armor, Weapon, and Shield stats.
You don't assign the RootTemplate to the stat record.

You assign the stat record to the RootTemplate.

This gives world items a stat. But i use stats of objects, armor and weapons.

Here is the thing for example i want to create a recipe for crafting Glove. So i put stat of the glove to result section on comborecipes. But since it doesnt have root template it takes random glove from the world. And with this craft recipe name becomes wrong. Objects and potions are fine since you can assign them root templates on stats. But because of there is none for armour and weapons they have visual and text errors ingame.

water+fish = fish soup - add more fish to get a better version of the fish soup.
water+2(any)fish+tomato+potato = fish stew or "brudet"
water+those fing crab pincers i can never find a use for = crab soup
water+crab pincers+fish+seashells+tomato+wine = gregada
water+meat= meat soup + more meat = better soup
water+meat+meat+potato = meat stew (any meat types) + paprika = better stew
water+meat+flour = meatloaf
water+chicken legs = chicken soup
water + flour + eyaballs = lizard delight pie (usable only by lizards, gives disease to other races)
water+(any)rock+flour = dwarven bread (can be thrown as a weapon doing small amount of bludgeoning damage + chance of knockdown + bypasses magical armor)
- edited, maybe meat isnt necessary here... probably not.
Dwarven bread+stick or branch+rope=mace (small damage+chance of knockdown+bypasses magical armor)

Good recipes thanks mate, i will add them. I managed to create new ui icons for items. So i have infinite possibilites right now. (3d will be the same but who cares about 3ds of inventory items anyway.)

Originally Posted by Setlec
Hello there,
I was wondering when you will upload this crazy useful mod on nexus... I've got DOS2 from gog and well it doesn't have the steam workshop support.
Bread + cheese+tomato = bruschetta
cold smashed potato + meat = steak & smashed potato
pepper + garlic + any meat/fish + pumpkin + tomato = pepper stew
boiled potato + cheese = raclette (suisse food)
boiled potato + garlick + any meat = Ragout
Cheers

Soon i will cover magic and Food recipes of the crafting overhaul then i will upload final version there.

Thank you for the recipes.

Originally Posted by Holvr

Ons question/suggestion, though: Have you thought about tying some of the more powerful crafting recipes to a new skill? Perhaps "tinkering" or something along the lines.

Great ideas. unfortunately my coding capabilities are really limited. I'm stuck with what i have. But i will try to find workarounds for your suggestions. I wished there is a crafting stat like first game.

Elvasat Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
[Linked Image]

(v0.7)
- Create Bags and place your items in them. Stop messing around in your inventories and organize them.
- Create Mortar&Pestle with your hammer.
- Use your Mortar&Pestle and get spices for delicious food!
- Bake and make delicious food with amazing capabilities on oven and boiling food. They will be your best companion, so start searching and collecting their ingredients at traders.

----------------------------

Wonderful news for the mod. I have managed to add new ui icons for the items (thanks to baardvaark). I can add more recipes without 2d visual restriction right now!

Last edited by Elvasat; 26/09/17 06:46 PM.
old hand
old hand
Could you also please check and see if its possible to revert to DOS1 way of refilling water bottles?

Maybe im wrong but as far as ive played i wasnt able to just use a bottle or a mug on a water barrel, but instead now i have to fucking take the barrel into my inventory and then use crafting to refill bottles?

Same for oil or poison barrels.

And thats just idiotic beyond belief.

Maybe im missing something ... i refuse to think someone actually made this change and thinks its alright. It seems too absurd.

btw, the Dwarven bread would technically need gravel, but i thought not to complicate it too much. Yet if you feel you could add that step so a hammer+stone = gravel that would be great. If not just leave it as it is.
Its a little homage/easter egg for Terry Pratchett, if anyone is wondering.

Elvasat Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Could you also please check and see if its possible to revert to DOS1 way of refilling water bottles?

btw, the Dwarven bread would technically need gravel, but i thought not to complicate it too much. Yet if you feel you could add that step so a hammer+stone = gravel that would be great. If not just leave it as it is.
Its a little homage/easter egg for Terry Pratchett, if anyone is wondering.

Right click/combine

Nexus link has been added for Gog users.

https://www.nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin2/mods/87/?

Elvasat Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice

Great news for all. I have implemented crafting resurrection skill-book. (Huge shootout to baardvaark for helping me.) Here is the sneak peek. Crafting recipe will change.

https://imgur.com/a/loivZ

There will be a lot of content in v.08 related with magical/demonic items and a lot of new foods. Coming soon..

Elvasat Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
[Linked Image]

- Workbench added to the game. Craft it and use this station to boost your empty rings and amulets.
- Accessory Kit added to the game. Craft it and use this station to boost your empty rings and amulets.

[Linked Image]

- One handed maces added to craft able weapons and whetstone weapon boosting.
- Knockdown Arrowhead recipe changed to prevent gold exploit.
- A lot of traditional consumable foods added to the game.
- Bags Ui have been changed with better visuals.
-Scrapper's Pickaxe recipe changed.
-Added new cooking recipes with wide variety of boosts.
-Accessory Kit fixed. It will have normal visual now.
-Some minor fixes

- 3 new bags added. (Key, Quest, Valuables)
- Get nails from wooden and metal crates.
- Scrap bowstring to get sinews.
- Poison your wands with a poison source.

[Linked Image]

(V.09)
- Rip faces of your enemies and use them for crafting Demon Altar. You can do all your craftings related with scrolls and skillbooks here. Try your luck.
- Resurrection Skill and skillbook added to game. Craft one and use it with your experienced Necromancers. This will save you a lot of gold.
- Bless your Tools with pixie dust and make them magical!
- Craft Magic Altar to create wands and staves.
- Make Gold Bars from your precious gold items on anvil. Use them to give skill&boosts to your weapons and armor. (Comprehensive boosts will be added on next version.)

S
stranger
stranger
S
that's a nice update, now a serious question, any ETA for a nexus upload? thank you

Elvasat Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
It is already on nexus.

Elvasat Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Here is the Sneak-peek what will be on V0.91 Companions and Craftable Traps!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Elvasat; 03/10/17 09:02 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
thank you for the mod!

X
journeyman
journeyman
X
Is there any chance you could add a way to unlock all recipes (both default recipes and those added by your mod)? I've been trying myself but I'm not having much luck. Adding a book that does so wouldbe one way, and I've tried myself but I can't figure out how to add or change the results of using a book in the editor.
The other way would a script but I'm not exactly certain how to write it.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard