Next Thread
Print Thread
S
simz Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
SPOILER FREE PLEASE** (other than what I am asking)

After you beat the game or the final boss, does the game just "end" and take you back to the main menu or does it let you run around completing side quests, etc.

Also, what happens to your characters? I read there wasn't a new game + and the original just ended (final boss didnt even have loot in the first game) so I wanted to know if they pull that again here too.

I put a lot of time into my characters and for them to just take them at the end would really suck. I like to explore and keep playing after beating.

Last edited by simz; 06/10/17 04:09 AM.
addict
addict
After end boss, there is Epilogue. One last talking session with NPCs and companions, to see what happens.

Then once you "head out" there is a bunch of slides and pictures with dialogue, talking about what happens next to the races, lands and chars based on your decisions and etc and then credits and then main menu. No side quests or anything. No other exploration afterwards. No "End game".

S
simz Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
That really sucks man. Whats the point if your character just gets erased...

The point of finishing the game is to finish the game. When you get to the end of the game, it's the end of the game.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Arsene Lupin
The point of finishing the game is to finish the game. When you get to the end of the game, it's the end of the game.

Depends on one's perspective. In my case I'd consider it to be "the point of finishing the main quest is to finish the main quest", and don't think it's necessarily a good thing if the game does likewise. In some cases, with pretty much entirely story-driven games such as the Bioshocks for example this is inevitable; but for games that are much more open, it needn't follow that the game must end once the MQ is completed and personally I prefer it when it doesn't.

J'aime le fromage.
S
S
Originally Posted by simz
That really sucks man. Whats the point if your character just gets erased...

The game is not a sandbox. There isn't really anything left to do after you've beaten the final boss, so no real reason for things to continue. What would you do, go back to Arx which you've already cleared? They could have done that as an epilogue section (letting you talk to people), but it still wouldn't be a return to gameplay unless you simply hadn't finished most of the content beforehand.

The other option would be to have a postgame dungeon, but here really all that would be doing is extending the game for one extra act past the story.

stranger
stranger
Im ok with the game ending, but I surely hope someone will make a continue after end or "epilogue" mod.

There are 2 kinds of succesfull people: those who put effort on it and smart ones. Im the second kind with seriouis lazyness problems.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard