Next Thread
Print Thread
H
Hank Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
Hi, everyone. Although I played the original D:OS, D:OS2 is the first that I've begun to get into map-making. With that in mind, I've created a couple of levels for use in GM mode with myself and friends and would love to show them to the community.

My first map was a simple farmstead - the purpose was simply to get used to the features of the editor. It's a rather simple single-patch map, but it has some charm to it and it serves its purpose.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Once the players travel from the farmstead with the wagon, they enter a scenario which results in themselves and the wagon careening into a gorge, resulting in the destruction of the wagon.

[Linked Image]

The players are injured and must seek shelter for the night. I've used a lighter atmosphere in several of these pictures for the sake of exposition. Traveling further into the gorge, the players soon realize that they've stumbled across more than a mere geographical feature, and discover the remains of a dwarven settlement. (The atmosphere used in the following is the one used for the level)

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Traveling into the walls of the settlement, the party finds a camp set up over what remains of the place. However, several signs point to the camp being quickly abandoned. Furthermore, they notice that the entrance to the settlement proper is filled with rocks.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

The party can then search for clues as to the fate of the settlement, or go to sleep. They will be rudely awoken by the creature that butchered the camp, and begin combat.

Regardless, whether discovered the night before or after the fight, the party will find a journal left behind by one of the people at the camp. Those at the camp came by boat, but their boat was destroyed upon landing. The only way out of the gorge is through the settlement, necessitating removal of the rocks.

I'm absolutely loving map creation so far! I find that being able to build these small worlds is such a welcome expression of creativity for me. Please let me know your thoughts on my maps, especially the ruins. I've crafted a backstory for these places, but didn't want to bore anyone with further information. If you're interested, let me know.

Thanks,
Hank

Last edited by Larian_KVN; 09/10/17 08:23 AM. Reason: Forced an update for the images to display.
H
Hank Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
It appears that the images aren't displaying properly, likely due to my recency of registration. Here's an imgur album instead. The pictures in this album are in the same order as the links on my post.

https://imgur.com/a/fW0pZ

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

journeyman
journeyman
Nice. That farm looks comfy, given me some ideas for my map.

I find that being able to build these small worlds is such a welcome expression of creativity for me.

I feel the same, it's rewarding when you manage turn your ideas into reality.

I'd be interested in the backstory yeah.

G
stranger
stranger
G
I love these maps. I really feel like you nailed the look of a small farm!

Very nice! I love how you used the vertical terrain textures. Looks gorge-eous.

If I could give one suggestion, try messing around with light probes as well.

Last edited by Larian_JB; 06/10/17 06:54 AM.
Gotta second JBs praise for the verticality of the terrain that you employed here. Very nice.

Link Copied to Clipboard