Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
My wife and I discovered an easy, if not painless, way to save the Dwarf.

The hint is when the Spirit of the Priest says that he "Knows that the Demon can be killed by torturing the Dwarf long enough. The Dwarf could take it, but the Priest could not."

The Dwarf says the same in that he can take it but that the DEMON cannot. The Demon keeps telling you to stop if you hit the Dwarf. The Demon also "hates his bloody prison" after you wound the Dwarf enough.

It's like a riddle... and the solution is:

To beat on the Dwarf and bring him to 1 health using the spell "Living on the Edge", then healing him back to full health. Repeat this 6 times. After 6 rounds of doing this, you will notice your characters gain experience, signifying that the demon has died. Kill the final tower, free the Dwarf, and the Demon pops out of him [i]completely dead[/i]!

Hope this helps :birthdayjump:

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Well actually that is well-known to community.
You're able to save 3 out of 3 prisoners from Bloodmoon vaults smile

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
After much Googling, we did not see this suggestion posted. Other suggestions we ran across were to use summons and have your characters hide, or to allow yourself to be possessed. You do not have to do either of those things.

This method you just beat on the Dwarf until his health is low, heal him up, and repeat this 6 times. The Demon dies while still in the Dwarf, then you just kill the towers.

Last edited by Drachekonig; 06/10/17 07:34 AM.
M
journeyman
journeyman
M
I just beat on him and the demon left him to enter one of my other characters. So I isolated the character in a corner then proceeded to damage them and the demon decided to vacate. He died in in the next round since (I assume) there was no one nearby for him to inhabit.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Sebille

And yet, we can't save Buttons... :'(

Sauce Hunter
apprentice
apprentice
hmm i actually tried that, but didn't go as far as 6 times. but i damaged him enough so that the demon was separated when i broke the pillars. what's interesting though, before putting the demon down i cast peace of mind on Sebille, and she got the 'demonic possession' status, but none of the effects. the fight was over, the dwarf and the priest were happy, the quest closed, but the effect still lingers and is marked 'permanent'. i wonder if that's just a harmless bug.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M

really? how do you save the lizard?

P
stranger
stranger
P
After reading this thread I have spent whole evening to save the dwarf.
My solution:
Damge him and heal over and over again. (No need for Living On The Edge - I dont use it, and had no money to try it, neither % loss will not trigger demon)
There will be dialog which will inform you about deamon coming out. (You will learn after few fails)
Best would be he stays down the pit. Keep him knocked down or stunned otherwise he will escape (Nether swap) and you will have to teleport him down.
When the time comes dwarf needs to have some HP so fight him longer to reset cooldown on heals.
Now key to victory is to run away from room. Job must be done by your minions.
In my case each team member can summon Bone Widow but most job did Incarnate with Power,Shadow and Warp Infusions.
So demon poped out and met my puppets.

I don't understand fully mechanic. Sometimes I was able to damage demon with my heroes and sometimes I was possessd right away after damaging it. Maybe he got some range of this possesion ? I have save I will try it.
EDIT: 14m smile

Last edited by piecoo; 06/10/17 09:07 PM.
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Originally Posted by miaasma

really? how do you save the lizard?

oooh yeah, i was more about you can complete Ghosts guarding levers quests more than actually "saving" possesed characters.
You can save the kid and the dwarf, the lizard is just idiot, there is no other choice than killing him.

I
stranger
stranger
I
Maybe I was doing something wrong, but I cycled through the Possessed Dwarf more than a dozen times -- taking him down to 1HP with resist death and healing him back up before starting again -- and I never got the quest credit prior to breaking the last pillar. When I did finally break it, the demon emerged at full HP. Since he kept possessing my guys through normal combat, I reloaded it and had my summoner spawn a buffed up incarnate in the pit, moved everyone else back to the entrance to avoid becoming possessed, and then let my Incarnate break the last pillar and face-tank the demon down with the help of the now-exorcised dwarf. It wasn't too hard and the dwarf seemed immune to repossession, so after a few rounds the demon was dead and we got the quest XP.

The other method(s) listed here might work -- or have worked in prior builds? -- but knocking down or chain-stunning the demon still resulted in one of my characters being possessed, and it was getting super tedious having to then drive it out of one of my characters and start over again. Thankfully going the summoner route really made this easy, so I'm assuming there's a ranged component to the demonic possession "ability" that you'll otherwise get trolled with if you hang around and duke it out conventionally.

YMMV, but does anyone know if either A) I was doing something wrong with the initial strategy, or B) if that doesn't actually work like that anymore?

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
well, i know the demon can possess through any kind of status effect and (i believe) can even do so when it's not its turn, so the only way to avoid party members being possessed is to do what you did. the dwarf indeed cannot be repossessed, so it's just a matter of keeping him alive in the fight

I
stranger
stranger
I
Ah, good to know. I'll just default to the summoner approach in future playthroughs, especially considering how efficient it seemed in comparison to the alternatives.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Is OP's a troll post? Or has this been changed in patches? I've done the thing with Living on the Edge a dozen times as well, it doesn't happen (unless there's some arbitrary amount of HP one needs to take out?). After the "bloody prison" dialogue the demon is just stuck in the "come on, come on" "I know you can hear me" lines...

E
E
Same for me, spent half an hour damaging and healing him while he was still chained. The demon doesn't die but at least it will pop right out when you destroy the pillars. Which is not necessarily a good thing as I later learned..

How do you save the lizard? I couldn't find any way.

Hear ye, hear ye! Bishop Alexander was slain by seagulls! Culprits still at large!
A
stranger
stranger
A
Originally Posted by MisterV
Is OP's a troll post? Or has this been changed in patches? I've done the thing with Living on the Edge a dozen times as well, it doesn't happen (unless there's some arbitrary amount of HP one needs to take out?). After the "bloody prison" dialogue the demon is just stuck in the "come on, come on" "I know you can hear me" lines...

Didn't work for me either.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Dwarves are my favorite race in online games! Whenever I played online games, I chose them, they are very cool and look brutal, especially with an ax! If anyone is interested, then I use a cool tool that checks all the texts that I write, it helps me get rid of mistakes and saves time. You can view now more information about him!

Last edited by DanDan111; 17/08/21 01:46 PM.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard