Next Thread
Print Thread
#627096 06/10/17 12:09 PM
L
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
L
I had an idea. This frightened me. But I'm not talking about that.

In general, the game has many different opponents. From intelligent animals, to brainless zombies. From fanatics to selfish robbers.

But ... They are all the same. Absolutely.
That zombies, that fanatics, that robbers, that animals - all act on the same principle: "Do not think about yourself, do as good as possible your goal."

This is not logical. And I believe that in such an RPG, this should not be.

After all, one thing is brainless zombies blindly performing the commands of their creator. They can not do anything but move towards the goal, and beat their goal.

And quite another - greedy robbers who will not attack someone they can not kill, and run away at the slightest risk.

Paladins and masters - they are reasonable people who must have the beginnings of tactics and coordination of actions between soldiers.

In the game, we see not just a terrible AI, but a terrible AI, which is absolutely the same for all enemies.

I would like to see a certain diversity, according to the atmosphere of the world and history.

Lebrucht #627105 06/10/17 12:29 PM
journeyman
journeyman
The lack of character in the AI is very disheartening, and the fact that they're all suicidal berserkers only worsens it.
I really wish the AI had different behaviors, or at least more thought processes than trying to cause maximum long-term damage to the players above everything else, to the point where they freely abandon advantageous terrain or charge through terrain effects and their own hazards.

The Flaws of Divinity: Original Sin II: A list of observations of the game's shortcomings for the community.
Found HERE.
Lebrucht #627241 06/10/17 03:40 PM
veteran
veteran
The worst is probably still, that random NPCs fight until death for shite.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard