Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
I completed the All in the Family quest and Tarquin was on the boat for the longest time. Now that I want to leave and move on, Malady says he is not on the ship, and a new waypoint called "Tarquin's Whereabouts" appeared by the graveyard (not where I originally found him to get the All in the Family quest). He still gives me the same dialogue about a few more items and I can go back to the ship, but he said that after I finished the quest when he was still on the boat earlier.

I presume he is supposed to be on the boat when I move to the next section, because I tried it and he was not on the boat anywhere. Anyone have any ideas on how I could get him back to the boat?

I
stranger
stranger
I
Same problem(
He was back on the ship, but for some reason today he decided to walk around the graveyard again (also updated today, maybe that's the problem?).

O
stranger
stranger
O
I'm having the same issue. Everything was fine before the update, and now he's suddenly back at the graveyard and I can't leave Reaper's Coast without leaving him.

Sighs.

stranger
stranger
Same problem as well.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Same here, I really don't know what to do...

T
stranger
stranger
T
I'm having the same issue. I brought him both parts at the graveyard and now he just tells me to wait a while, but I've done everything else in reapers coast so nothing will trigger him to go back.

Edit: Just wanted to add that Gareth isn't back on the boat either, even though I completed his quests as well.

Last edited by Thekipz; 07/10/17 03:37 PM.
R
stranger
stranger
R
Same here... Quest finished but he just won't go back to the ship. I'm afraid that I might lose him forever if I proceed to Act 3...

Ryan Cheuk Keun Ip
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Well I finally just advanced to the next chapter and he was nowhere to be found, so I guess I lost him. That was a major bummer bug. Oh well.

stranger
stranger
I went to Bloodmoon Island first and picked up the second piece. Then I went to the Graveyard, met Tarquin, and got his quest. I then picked up the first piece and returned to Tarquin and turned in both pieces.

But he just says he needs a few odds and ends before returning to the ship and just walks around. I'm all done and want to sail away but Malady says Tarquin is not present on the ship and nothing I do has been able to make him get back on board the ship.

D
stranger
stranger
D
dam this suck if it is a bug, my first playtrough i never met him, then i saw streamers having him on ship, intend to get him this time. But reading this gives no hope

B
stranger
stranger
B
I can confirm that Tarquin is still wandering around the graveyard and wont go back to ship, saying his "i just need this and that bla bla bla".
I guess i will cease playing untill it's fixed, hopefully soon.

N
stranger
stranger
N
Apparently I'm not alone on this. Since giving him both pieces, I've been consistently going back to Tarq to attempt to forward the quest but he constantly says he just needs a few more items. Skull powder, illweed, etc., all of which are not items you can acquire... so he just wanders around in front of the graveyard gate. The Quest "All in the Family" is completed with the last entry "We gave the pieces of Anathema to Tarquin" and that's it.

Lovely bug... holding out hope someone will find a solution or there will be a patch.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Yep. Me too. Tarquin just waltzing around the graveyard, prattling on about skull powder or some such. Reckon I can't teleport him to the boat, so what's the plan, Larian?

F
stranger
stranger
F
I'm having the same issue too! Gave Tarquin both parts. Now he's stuck in the graveyard, and nothing will move him on. I've got nothing left to do in Act II.

Malady warns he wont join the ship if I leave like this. (I tested; if I leave he indeed does not join the ship.)

Hopefully this can be fixed! Feels super broken not to be able to carry a main NPC with me as obviously designed.

J
stranger
stranger
J
Same problem, trying to complete act 2, finished "All in the Family" and now he's still roaming the graveyard entrance saying,

"Let me think. A sprinkling of skulldust. A vial of dog's drool. Dried illweed. A few more odds and ends and I can get back to the ship."

only option is to end conversation.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Same problem here ...

After getting to the Reaper's coast I'v first met with Tarquin (after defeating void scam at the bridgekeeper house), and accepted his quest about artefact.
Then I'v met with Jahan, and traveled to the bloodmoon island, accepter the Advocate quest, killed black ring scam, then killed the Advocate.
Back to Jahan, found archive, where I'v got second part of Anathema and learned demon's name.
Then on my way back (at that point I'v already had 3 source points) I'v did the ritual for the second time in the Meistr's house. I'v killed Ryker, have tablet to the Almira, then fetched first part
of Anathema. After that I'v talked to Tarquin, gave him both parts of the sword and agreed to wait for his tinkering with it.
After that I'v done the remaining quests on the Reaper's coast, and traveled to LV to go to the nameless issle - but the Tarquin did'nt make it.

The problem seems to be related to the order of getting anathema parts, as my friend also play this but he first got the first part of anathema, then talked to Tarquin and then the got the second one, and Tarquin is on LV.

W
stranger
stranger
W
For me it was not related with the order of getting those parts. Also, I did this quest after the latest update - don't know if this is important here.

Tarquin got stuck just after giving him the second part from Bloodmoon Isle. Right now, I also have the marker "Tarquin's Whereabouts" and he is not moving anywhere. There are no dialogue options.

I don't want to finish Act II without him, so I will wait for any news/hotfix...

S
stranger
stranger
S
I am also having this problem.
Tarquin is just wandering around in front of the graveyard even after being handed both pieces of the blade.
Also, Gareth just kind of vanished off to somewhere after I finished his parent's quest, and Malady notes that both are still missing from the boat

I didn't have this problem on my first playthrough.
What are the similarities between people having this issue? For example, the save file I am currently playing on where Tarquin/Gareth are broken was created before the patch hit, and also before I got to act 2.
Whereas the the save file I didn't have any problems with Tarquin/Gareth was created before the patch.
Are people who have started brand new campaigns since the patch running into this problem? Or is it just people who had campaigns already made when the patch hit?

R
stranger
stranger
R
No one found a solution for this yet, huh?

J
stranger
stranger
J
Yup, seeing this too

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard