Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nezix Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm trying to make something that functionally is similar to Living Wall.

The player clicks the ground, drags along a distance, and then in that place an electrified cloud is formed.

I got all that working by starting with Living Wall. The problem is that I don't want it to actually block the ground with roots. I am sure I can remove/change the root visual effects but I'm not sure it's possible to get rid of the actual blocking element (visual or not).

Any ideas?

stranger
stranger
Have you looked in the surfaces it creates? Perhaps the roots are a surface as well and it might be something you can remove. I'll take a look in a sec myself once I am able. If you can't find what you're looking for in the stats editor, you might have to tinker with the skill file directly. Thought I don't believe you should have to...

Edit: Interesting skill to say the least. Just gotta tinker with the available options a bit. Seems to have three template GUIDs. Seems the living wall is an actual object in the game and has templates in the root template menu. Would just have to find the related objects and either delete them, their GUIDs in the skill itself or set them so that they're passable. Forget if there's an option to make them invisible... Well, I'll let you figure that out as I'm a little busy on my own projects.

Last edited by Reiganleaf; 05/10/17 09:06 PM.
Nezix Offline OP
OP Offline
Yeah I noticed the 3 GUIDs but of I have no idea how to figure out what they point to. Removing a certain one of them crashes the editor if I try to use the skill so that's not an option smile

My understanding is this:

The 3 GUIDs used by wall spells are variants of the wall sections. They are randomly(?) spawned along the chosen line. You can remove the blocking element of the wall by replacing the spawned GUIDs with GUIDs that do not block pathing/projectiles/sight.

Last edited by Ameranth; 06/10/17 04:57 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
I myself made a custom Wall skill and that is kind of easy.

You are doing good with the adding surface part, that is the easiest part.

Then what I did was to Create new from existing Summons_LivingWall_A, Summons_LivingWall_B, Summons_LivingWall_C, in the Root Template. For each of them, check Walk Through : TRUE. This way you can walk through the walls. Next, for each of them, remove their Visual Resource ID, this way they will be invisible. And finally, copy GUID from A to Template1, B to Template2, and C to Template3 of your custom wall skill. That should do it.

I have not tested it during real play so maybe you could also change the Icon Portrait.

Last edited by Volsungh; 06/10/17 08:23 AM.
Nezix Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the info! Sounds like I can make this happen now smile

Nezix Offline OP
OP Offline
Okay I did this pretty easily but I'm not sure if it's okay or not that things come up in the log because of it.
With no visual reference there is a message about that
Also messages about not having certain animations (idle, etc)

It doesn't appear to matter when I test it but I don't know if it does down the road.

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard