Next Thread
Print Thread
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
i had tarquin next to me on my save.
now after i updated and loaded the game, his gone!

V
stranger
stranger
V
Same. Been trying to trigger his quest, All in the Family (because i entered through the basement) but appears to be another fairly significant bug (the weapon is decently important).

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
Patch notes say: "When Malady mentions Tarquin, now set map marker on Tarquin instead of Graveyard cause Tarquin could be at 3 spots." So, maybe he's at one of those three locations?

V
stranger
stranger
V
Originally Posted by fireundubh
Patch notes say: "When Malady mentions Tarquin, now set map marker on Tarquin instead of Graveyard cause Tarquin could be at 3 spots." So, maybe he's at one of those three locations?

Checking now.

No options like that. Malady only has 'Leave for nameless' and end conversation and no Tarquin-like flags on the map or mini map (as i ran around looking) around the graveyard.

Last edited by Ventus; 07/10/17 08:30 PM.
V
stranger
stranger
V
As a point of interest, there IS a Red Flag called "Tarquin's Whereabouts" where I think maybe he SHOULD be (its immediately next to the shore boat in the Dunes, where you end up when you leave Lady Vengence for the first time) but no NPC is there.

Back to the assumption the shit is broken.

V
stranger
stranger
V
Confirmed disappeared/buggy.

His marker was at the beach but he was not here (even tried to see if casting rain would make him wet).

He wasnt on boat or dune or north gate.

I spammed area transitions (went in and out of wrecker cave) until his marker moved.

IT MOVED! New marker at NE gate (632 198) and there he was!!!

Last edited by Ventus; 07/10/17 08:38 PM.
V
stranger
stranger
V
The issue is that it seems like if you completed the quest before the patch, but did not progress to Act 3 yet, he will never get on the ship, even though he was on the ship before the patch

M
stranger
stranger
M
I had the same thing happen. Completed all in the family before the patch, Tarquin is on the ship. Patch hits, Tarquin does his routine that he starts at the beginning of Act 2 (goes to the beach, ends up at the graveyard). He's still at the graveyard where the only dialogue option is 'end', and Malady acknowledges that he isn't on the ship. No amount of sitting around (left the game running for hours) nor zone changing have fixed this.

How can quest flags be this hard?

S
stranger
stranger
S
He stayed on the ship for me after patch, but yeah, some of my friends had this problem described by OP.

Looks like this update broke more than fixed...

I
stranger
stranger
I
Posted in the other thread - but same issue. Completed the quest "All in the Family" before the patch and Tarquin went missing from the ship after the patch. Hes at the Graveyard and speaking to him only gives a single line of text with an [end] option.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard