Next Thread
Print Thread
#627952 07/10/17 11:10 PM
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Hey guys, I just started playing with the editor yesterday and find it very powerful and easy to use compared to some other modding tools I've used in the past. My focus has been on creating new items that have interesting effects in-game. In the stat editor, there are a few columns for Weapons/Armor that I'm curious about: ExtraProperties, Flags, Skills, and Talents. Is there a list possibly of known possible values? The syntax seems to be separating them with a ;

For ExtraProperties I've seen the following:

Self:OnEquip:REGENERATION
Self:OnEquip:POISONED
Self:OnEquip:MUTED
Self:OnEquip:WIND_WALKER
Self:OnEquip:WINGS
Self:OnEquip:VAMPIRISM
Self:OnEquip:CURSED

Skills seem to just be any skill in the game, the names are the same as the ones in Shared->SkillData->SkillSet

Talents I have no idea, haven't seen this used on any existing items.

Flags seems to be status immunities and special properties, Here's a few I've seen:

Unbreakable
SlippingImmunity
SlowedImmunity
SleepingImmunity
StunImmunity
KnockdownImmunity
PoisonContact

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
All these values are in Public/Shared/Stats/Generated/Structure/Base/ValueLists.txt.

You'll need to extract Shared.pak to a folder outside the game path to get at that file.

LSLib Contributor | My Mods: DOS2, DOS2DE | 560K Steam Workshop Subscribers
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
awesome thanks!

old hand
old hand
You can also find values in your game data folder in Editor/Config/Stats/Enumerations. Talents are mostly found in the Requirements stats file though in Public/Shared/Stats/Generated/Data (if you extract Shared.pak).

J
journeyman
journeyman
J
Can an item bestow a status while it is worn (and end the status when unequipped)?

How would that be accomplished?

Thanks!

EDIT - like boots that grant WINGS

Last edited by JRavens; 20/10/17 02:30 PM.
You could just give the boots the wings skill.

J
journeyman
journeyman
J
Well actually I'm looking to achieve a specific goal.

I have a mod with status effects that animate characters - so GMs can give basic animations to character using the status pallete and applying a custom status to them.

Having items that triggered my custom status effects (which in turn triggered the animations) would be even better - i.e. give a character a "ring of dancing" or a "miner's cap" and when the GM equips it they animate until he unequips it, etc.

Making custom skills on top of this might over complicate things if I can simply apply a status directly from an item (which I don't know if it's even possible...)

T
addict
addict
T
The source collar gives the SOURCE_MUTED status. It's in Shared -> Stats -> Armor. See the "ExtraProperties" column.

J
journeyman
journeyman
J
Confirming that Self:OnEquip:ANYSTATUSYOUWANT in ExtraProperties does indeed activate the status on character when equipping the item and deactivate it when unequipping. Very useful. My mod just got a big boost wink

Thanks for this useful thread!

PS - I did not try chaining multiple status effects in that field, but in *theory* (sic) this should work just as chaining multiple immunities.

journeyman
journeyman
Dug a bit more into this last night actually as I need it as well.

Statuses from OnEquip are applied every 6 seconds. You can use this as a tick timer if you needed to for some reason.

Statuses from OnEquip will not be re-applied if they are not removed.

Multiple pieces of gear having the same status will only apply it once. It does not apply and override.

Unequipping a piece of gear will not remove a status if another piece is applying it.

Last edited by Sinistralis; 24/10/17 09:11 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard