Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15
old hand
old hand
Glad you split up modding into several forums. Definitely was too much activity for just one or two forums to keep up.

How exactly do you communicate the release of new editor versions?

Does this error mean there is a new editor version on GOG Galaxy?
"The resource file is newer (version: 3.1.3.4) than your code version (version: 3.1.3.1)."

GOG doesn`t show version numbers for additional download files.

Last edited by Blablabla; 08/10/17 02:02 PM.
G
stranger
stranger
G
I'd love to know that as well. Earlier today I wanted to start an adventure project. However I couldn't even add component to the terrain at the start. Got the same error about version being incompatible. Shame since I had a lot of time today to get started on it.

M
M
yep editor is broken for now - its doable but its a pain smirk

addict
addict
New editor versions will be communicated by me.
I'll start a patch notes thread that will be updated every time.
I wasn't available on Friday, hence no patch note thread smile
I will make one as soon as we addressed the critical issues we have now with the patch (some critical editor data was not updated alongside the game data). I made a post about it here

CTRL+K the elf
G
stranger
stranger
G
How does updating the engine work by the way? Does it happen automatically through GoG Galaxy? Or should I download a new version from there manually after seeing the patch notes? Or is there an update options through the engine itself?

addict
addict
GOG puts the engine data in a separate download, you'll have to download that again once they update it, and copy it to the correct folder, same as when you installed it the first time. There is no automatic update available for that procedure.

CTRL+K the elf
G
stranger
stranger
G
Ok. any idea how long it will take GoG to make the download available? From my experience they're usually relatively slow with that.

Just downloaded and copying files around. hope its the updated version already smile

G
stranger
stranger
G
Good Day,

I just downloaded the engine files from GoG Galaxy. Copied the files over the respective folders, as per mention by instructions in the text file. Going through the basic steps from the tutorial I get the following. It is still the same issue I am having since last weekend.

Any suggestions??

https://imgur.com/1hycRi1

https://imgur.com/a/tC63a

Last edited by Giblix; 11/10/17 06:45 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Giblix

Just downloaded and copying files around. hope its the updated version already smile

Sadly it's not. I actually don't understand why updating the editor takes longer than the game. Especially since there are no installers etc. involved.

G
stranger
stranger
G
guess i won't be modding any time soon then :'(

addict
addict
Hey Giblix,

that means that download still contained the old data. I would contact GOG and ask them. In the meantime, I'll also contact them and see if I can get you more information on how to update smile

Sincerely,
Kevin

CTRL+K the elf
G
stranger
stranger
G
Hoi Kevin,

I went to all folders to remove all files to prevent any old downloads getting in the way. When unpacking I overwritten old files. Didn't remove entire folder there since I didn't knew if "Editor" contained other files besides the ones from the engine or not.

Thanks for the assist. will contact gog soon.

X
journeyman
journeyman
X
Would it be possible to make using the editor not switch my game to run in windowed mode instead of fake fullscreen. It's a fairly minor issue, but damn does it annoy me.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Xaelyn
Would it be possible to make using the editor not switch my game to run in windowed mode instead of fake fullscreen. It's a fairly minor issue, but damn does it annoy me.

I agree. I'm constantly changing the view back when I launch the "real game".

It would also be nice if we could make the editor use a specific profile, and not have that setting override our real game profile setting.

So you could specify "Debug Profile" for the editor, and "B3stG4m3r420" for your actual profile when launching the game directly.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Just submitted a customer support inquiry to GoG. We'll see what/if something happens smile

G
stranger
stranger
G
Making progress. With the help from GoG customer service I was able to download the file Kevin send to GoG last friday. It seems if you download through the website you get the correct file. Through Galaxy client you do not for some reason.

Did a clean install of DoS2 + Engine Editor. No more version discrepancies and you might think its time to get working. Another issue arose hehe...

"Syncing fixedstring (null), if possible register it in the networkfixedstrings. Only allow it when it's not used too often (levelswap, ...)" <-- it is the only error debug is providing. and I still can't assign a TR_ texture to start working on a map. Assume its due to this message.

addict
addict
Hey Giblix,

That message is generally just a warning. I'll note down to see if we could possibly just hide it from the public version.

For your issues with the terrain assignment. Could you make a post of that in the Troubleshooting forum? Possibly with a screenshot. We'll address it there and that way other's will more easily find the answer if they run into the same issue smile

Sincerely,
Kevin

CTRL+K the elf
U
stranger
stranger
U
Heya! o/

Is there any chance to get a new sub on the forum for like a showroom of maps etc? I wanna see peoples efforts and such, if they do mapping/terrain etc. Saw already a few screenshots/threads of some maps, which were fantastic! I wanna see more, so I can grab a few ideas from other people etc. kinda stuck with my maps at the moment.
So I would highly appreciate it, if its possible! :)

cheers,

U
stranger
stranger
U
Actually, nevermind me. lol. Just found it by accident..

I was always looking in http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=75&page=1 and didnt find it, just gone back one more up and whoops.. got it. :D

Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard