Print Thread
#628244 08/10/17 03:33 PM
M
miaasma Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
M
did you kill him? did you let him live? did you promise to let him live if he taught you to master source? did you keep your promise?

i've done all choices in various runs. in my current one, i just broke my promise to let him live, and i feel kind of bad about it. on one hand (as far as i know) he doesn't reappear in the game and letting him live doesn't negatively impact the rest of the story, but on the other hand considering what he was doing in that cave it feels like it'd be foolish to let him live

what did you decide to do?

old hand
old hand
I have only gone through this once. This guy gave me quite a painful experience, I ended up picking the first option - killing him - the moment I saw it. I barely glanced at the other options. It's not that the fight was so hard I hated it. It's just that, beating him without letting him transform didn't give me the same satisfaction, so I wanted to let him transform. But then, I had to prepare just right right before he transformed if I wanted to prevent him from killing any one of my team in his first turn - and it took a few tries. And when I did it, I was like, "DIIIEEEEE!!!" And the way his team just tried their best to help him stay alive also got my blood boiling a little bit. In fact, I reloaded twice, just to kill this guy two more times.

Even later when I found out that he was one of those who could teach you Source, I didn't regret my decision. Was like, "Ohhh, so that guy could have taught me..." ..."Pfft, screw him."

Last edited by Try2Handing; 08/10/17 03:51 PM.

"We make our choices and take what comes and the rest is void."
First time we lied and murdered him, the second time he died because we pressured him to it. He was a nasty man. Don't feel bad about it! Murdering a foe who has surrendered isn't ethically questionable! Wait, yes it is. But this is videogames so it doesn't matter.
If you feel this trolley problem is overbearing on your conscience, if you ask him about his boss his death is no longer in your hands. Wink wink.

Trap Strats: DOS1:EE? Cheese - DOS2? Mashed potatoes - Proper nutrition is key to dungeon delving.
M
miaasma Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
M
oh true, i totally forgot about that

time to reload for guilt-free death

veteran
veteran
I let him live my first time through, but several hours later, I decided that was terribly out of character for Beast, the guy tortured and killed a LOT of Dwarves AND helped Queen Justinia advance her evil plot.

So I reloaded and this time I got him to teach me source, and then kept him leaving, interrogated him for information about his boss, which ended up killing him without me technically breaking my promise. I'm not replaying several hours I already cleared, but I think it's worth it.

As for not having him kill teammates, I left my mages on the deck near the trapdoor to launch artillery strikes. That helped a lot. My second fight went a lot better than my first fight (0 deaths vs 3 deaths).

M
miaasma Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
M
yeah i left 3 out of 4 characters standing up on the deck with my red prince warrior guy standing up front so he jumped on him and no one else

then i just kept him pinned in place while an incarnate champion ate his legs. didn't even let him transform. it's kind of worth it to see him yell "yes! get them my puppets!" while he's lying on the ground unconscious

Last edited by miaasma; 08/10/17 04:18 PM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
Killed him. My character is fairly forgiving and all for second chances, but she has no guarantee that Mordus won't repeat his actions when she sets sail for the next harbour. She just can't afford to have that on her conscience.

I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I
You actually can "have it all" and not break your agreement with Mordus.

-first, agree to let him teach you source skill.
-after, select you want to ask him more questions
-interrogate after why he possesed the dwarves
-that eventually will lead to you being able to inquire who his master is
-pick the option that says you will try to help him
-then pick the option to break his damn arm

mordus will TRY to tell you who his master is... but won't quite be able to.

there. now you have gotten your extra source point, did NOT break your agreement with Mordus, and Mordus dies about as horrifically as one could possibly die.

win/win/win

As someone who has beaten the game over 4 times now, I gotta say, I never knew he transformed.

On our honour mode 4-man game (that finally got me my honour achievement) we found out that he turns into a giant monster mash... It... It uh...

Was the coolest damn thing ever!

For some reason, it brought me back to an MtG card that I found totally cool - and still do:

"Unfortunately, all my test animals have died or escaped, so I shall be the final subject. I feel no fear. This is a momentous night."
-- Laboratory notes, final entry.

Last edited by Alexstrasza; 25/10/17 01:19 PM.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard