Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
D00med Offline OP
OP Offline
D
In EA both skills could be used (in arena) for just AP. This allowed for cool and tactical shifts with surfaces. The release feels like it's missing this dynamic.

I instead propose that to counter the 0 source point cost, cool-down is set to 99 turns to prevent multiple use by same avatar in combat. At 99 it also stops the player from just spamming it outside battle without having to wait a considerable while (and minimises cheesing, because I know some players have no restraint).

veteran
veteran
Maybe not "99" turns. That means you couldn't use it again for 10 minutes. I think 5 or 6 turns might be enough to prevent spamming. But yeah, I'm not sure I like the idea of Bless and Curse being Source-point skills.

D
D
I personally barely use bless since the buff on self is not that huge, and enemies can benefit it too if u not doing it properly on surface. A source free version is reasonable imho.

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
Or make cursed surfaces like normal ones in terms of cleaning them up with rain or other means.

J
journeyman
journeyman
J
In the EA, bless was just one AP. I have no idea why they made it a source skill, because now it feels quite useless when it's not literally mandatory for quests.

veteran
veteran
Supposedly, this is a gift from the Gods themselves. This doesn't seem to be powerful enough to be worth a Source Point to use, especuially considering later on how we're almost certainly going to be facing a lot of enemies who use Curse to mess up surfaces and us.

So many annoying changes from EA to the full game on what seems like a completely arbitrary basis.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Yea bless is in this weird spot where it's too good for 1 ap skill, but kind of bad for a 1 source point skill.
Maybe it just should give less resists and be like in EA.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Darksky
Yea bless is in this weird spot where it's too good for 1 ap skill, but kind of bad for a 1 source point skill.
Maybe it just should give less resists and be like in EA.

They could make it a 3 AP, 0 Source skill. I have a 3 AP Dazing bolt on Lhose, which really makes me pause to consider when to use it.

H
journeyman
journeyman
H
Problem with bless is that you use your limited source points to remove a curse surface only so the enemy can curse it again after you. Don't mind it using source points, but I would prefer that if you used it on a cursed surface it would immediately go to a blessed surface, or atleast make it so it can't be cursed for 1 or 2 turns.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Honestly with how spammy various curses are around, I think it would be fine to revert bless to be source free. Guess they wanted to have whole source godly power vibe going.

C
apprentice
apprentice
C
I think 1AP/0SP is a bit too cheap as it basically makes the curse effect meaningless. But Stabbey's suggestion of 3AP/0SP is pretty interesting. 3AP is a big ask but it's generally always available if the need is there, I might actually use that for my game.

L
stranger
stranger
L
But curse is already 1 AP 0 SP, although it is blocked by magic armor. So theres is no real purpose of having bless to use source points.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Cronstintein
I think 1AP/0SP is a bit too cheap as it basically makes the curse effect meaningless. But Stabbey's suggestion of 3AP/0SP is pretty interesting. 3AP is a big ask but it's generally always available if the need is there, I might actually use that for my game.

Well, if you think about it, there are enemies that curse ground when you hit them, when they hit you, or even when they move. Not only that but bless doesn't remove cursed ground, it just reverts it to normal ground, which is then just cursed again by the next monster in the round robin initiative. Even at one ap and no source it still wouldn't be super useful...

S
stranger
stranger
S
I agree it should be source free, especially when most of the challenging enemies' blood alone from just KILLING them will revert the ground back to cursed. It's too weak when compared with how many avenues the enemy has to undo the bless. We don't have any "holy" blood to counter it so it just comes as not worth wasting source. This is a shame because in EA promotion they really pushed how blessing and cursing the battlefield would be a big part of the game but it's just economical for us to use it,

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
i like using bless but the source point is very discouraging so i often don't

just give it another AP cost or something to balance it out

C
apprentice
apprentice
C
I tried the 0SP bless mod and it actually felt fine. Bless doesn't seem so powerful that it really needs a high AP cost to balance out the 0SP. Especially against creatures that bleed curse. They get tons of free curse, so having to uncurse things with bless still feels like you're fighting a losing battle.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Yeah, I must say, Bless costing a source point just means I'm not going to use it at all. If the problem is spammability, I'd rather see that the cooldown is set to something really high, say ~6-8 turns, because as it is, it's simply useless.

Edit: The more I play, the more I realize how much I'd kill for a mod that does this. Source-free Bless for 1 AP and only a 3 Turn cooldown is insane, but if it costs Source it's useless. Up the cost to 2 AP and make the cooldown 8 turns and we're golden. More than enough for 1-2 uses in a battle, and 2 AP is well worth the trade-off of immunity and resistances for 2 turns.

Last edited by Luckmann; 08/10/17 06:48 PM.
veteran
veteran
8 Turns seems excessive, even considering that all 4 characters can have Blessed memorized. Enemies can use curse 1-2 times per turn.

I think 2 AP and 5 turns would probably be sufficient, if not overkill, given how enemies can spam cursed surfaces cost-free. Bless doesn't convert surfaces to Blessed ones, it just removes curse, so it takes two casts to transform a cursed surface to a blessed one.

But maybe I'm wrong. With no source point costs, players could actually do what enemies do now and prepare Blessed surfaces before they get cursed. That's just simply not worthwhile doing right now with the source point cost. Maybe if that becomes a reasonable option, we'll once again see pre-emptive Bless come into play.

I think the changes unintentionally create a plot hole in the main story. Bless, spirit vision, and source vampirism, are powers bestowed upon you by your respective deity, yet only bless costs a source point to use...Why? Bless needs to be changed so that it has 3-4 turn cooldown, or it needs to be spammable with high AP cost where spamming it is not feasible.

Last edited by cool-dude01; 07/12/17 03:51 AM.
E
E
Agreed. I also think that enemies ABUSE curse a lot. There are always so many cursed surfaces in battles. And they even get curse for free (void glide, etc).

Last edited by eLPuSHeR; 07/12/17 07:29 AM. Reason: Typo
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard