Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
D
If orcs and imps are major races in Rivelon,how come they are not part of the game?

apprentice
apprentice
When you're in the Orcs Temple (act 3), an orc spirit tells you that orcs left the land long time ago because of the hostility of other races. Dunno about imp, maybe there's some dialog even about that.
Who knows, maybe they'll be added in the future? i hope that.

Imps were culled in D:OS1, and Orcs didn't fare much better. They're not as big a factions as they used to be, and while orcs have just dwindled over the years, imps presumably just up and left their dimension. They might be all hanging out in the Fay Realm or something.

Trap Strats: DOS1:EE? Cheese - DOS2? Mashed potatoes - Proper nutrition is key to dungeon delving.
D
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
D
Then why are their gods still present in D:OS2?

Gods don't die and they can't go to holiday resorts.

Trap Strats: DOS1:EE? Cheese - DOS2? Mashed potatoes - Proper nutrition is key to dungeon delving.
W
W
spoilers
bullshit because we kill our gods in the game, we straight up murder them as revealed by malady afterwords

Gods don't die* *as a result of sociocultural norm shifts, and they can't go to holiday resorts.

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Spoiler.

It doesn't quite add up that the God King was able to return because Tir Cendalius - or whatever he is called - was weakened by the Elves' Deathfog genocide. Surely the lack of imps / orcs would have provided the opportunity beforehand. Anyway, I always operated under the assumption that orcs/imps were in the game but simply not in the areas you went to. Diversity and a lack of thereof is a thing, right?

W
W
you never see orcs, but you do see dead imps who were presumably killed by the black ring cultists

enthusiast
enthusiast
Not every race needs to feature in every game like a theme park menagerie. We didn't really get to see any elves or lizards in D:OS1, either.

It does make me the tiniest bit sad, though, because I like the orcs. But I'm happy to not have to see any annoying imps. Always hated them. That said, their omission is odd, considering that they usually feature as comical relief, even when no relief is desired, in Larian games.

W
W
i mean, there are imp ghosts in the isle

enthusiast
enthusiast
I think their are plenty of Imps in Rivellon, but they're mostly very tribal (I remember fighting a lot in Divinity 2 and Divine Divinity). Orcs dies mostly out in Divine Divinity, but those were the neighbours of the Dukedom of Ferol (which was called Rivellon at the time, before Rivellon was the name of the world ... it's complicated :D), but I guess there are a lot of tribes around, who just love to live the wildlife and can't be bothered to create a bigger empire like the Dwarves, Humans and Lizards did.

As for not appearing in the games: I guess since we had no Origins for them, Larian didn't want to implement them more in the game, so the mainconflict between the major races doesn't get watered down?

Last edited by Zelon; 15/10/17 06:45 PM.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
There were lots of goblins in Divinity 2, though I admit they looked quite a lot like imps, only a sort of belligerent cyclops version. I think the only actual imp was Zixzax, though given the unreliability of my memory I would take that with a pinch of salt.

My usual complaint is "how come Lucian is a guy! Complete with a beard!" but I guess I'll put it down to alternative realities or something. The Battle Tower does look a bit like a lighthouse, after all.

J'aime le fromage.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by vometia
There were lots of goblins in Divinity 2, though I admit they looked quite a lot like imps, only a sort of belligerent cyclops version. I think the only actual imp was Zixzax, though given the unreliability of my memory I would take that with a pinch of salt.

My usual complaint is "how come Lucian is a guy! Complete with a beard!" but I guess I'll put it down to alternative realities or something. The Battle Tower does look a bit like a lighthouse, after all.

There were Imps in the Orobas Fjorde, but it's okay, it's a long time since that game came out laugh.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I said my memory was bad: I remember a horde of creatures on the road up to High Hall, which I presume are the imps in question, but I'd assumed they were another goblin tribe.

J'aime le fromage.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard