Next Thread
Print Thread
N
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
Hello smile

I see on youtube some ppl playing with really strong fire/geo mage who got almost 100% critical rate and they basicaly destroy most regular enemy in 2 turn on tactician difficulty.

Im wondering how to build those critical rate mage ? I know some talent like canon glass, elemental affinity and ofc the one for allowing critical are needed but.. what about the rest ?

Is it necessary to get the +10% talent when you are full life ?
Is it necessary to use human race for the +5% critical rate ?
What part of gear i should look for that ?
Should i use polymorph to get extra critical rate from wits attribute ?

Actually i havnt play more than the first city but im gonna start my real party today and i would like to know your experience on that build smile

E
E
Using elf is better for blood sacrifice. Later game you want to maximize your element (like fire). Once that is done, you want to put points in scoundrel to maximize your crit damage bonus.

To make a crit build work, in act 3 you want to start looking for gear that has + crit chance. Prior to that, put the scoundrel points in huntsman as high ground is easier to get.

Nothing else matters that much.

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Just pump wits to about 30 and use weapons with the highest crit rates. Between these two you can easily get to 50% without gimping other stats too much. If you want to push it to 100% you probably need lone wolf for double the wits. I think without lone wolf, you will probably top out at around 70%-75% with hothead and a few other things.

Last edited by Marc54; 10/10/17 01:46 AM.
L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Fane.

Use a 20% crit strike weapon. Savage Sortilege. Pump up some wits, grab 3x Slotted Amulet put 3x Giant Flame Runes (36 total crit). Grab the Hot Headed talent. 5% for being Human too. 5% (?) On Gloves. The rest can be covered by Wits.

Honestly, I would just skip out on the 20% crit strike weapon and use Alexander's staff since it can provide up to 12 int until you find a 20% crit strike weapon.

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
Originally Posted by Limz
[...] grab 3x Slotted Amulet put 3x Giant Flame Runes (36 total crit). [...]

Are these still in the game? With the last patch they nerfed run slots on items ... I'm not sure if it is still possible to get these. For example Mordus amulet had 2 rune slots prior to the patch and only one rune slot after the patch.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Tommy123

Are these still in the game? With the last patch they nerfed run slots on items ... I'm not sure if it is still possible to get these. For example Mordus amulet had 2 rune slots prior to the patch and only one rune slot after the patch.

They are. By the time I got to the final fight, I was having like 8-9 items with 3 rune slots. Not to mention I already sold a bunch, and there are a couple more sold in shops. These are all from Arx though. You probably won't see any until after the Driftwood/Reaper's Coast part.

I had Lohse at ~70% crit chance, without Lone Wolf.

If you're lucky, you can dual 2 wands each having 10% crit. Add a Mystical Giant Masterwork Rune to each, and you get another 6% from +6 Wits. If you can find a weapon that has 20% crit chance and 3 rune slots, that would be best. But I'm not sure such a weapon exists.

Last edited by Try2Handing; 10/10/17 09:07 AM.

"We make our choices and take what comes and the rest is void."
veteran
veteran
I concour, I will go better for an flesh-sacrificer elven mage with "what a rush" or "glass canon" (people love this and lone wolf but is not really my thing the glass cannons, not a fan of being stunlock all combat if unlucky and besides I use the surfaces to lower ap cost a lot, abusing The pawn) + adrenaline + elemental affinity because the problem I found with mages are the high ap cost more than anything. Also I prefer shields in casters for survivability and to use shield throw if needed (scales with shield armor and works even with 10 str).

If you go full crit human with hothead seems more consistent than the equipment to up that savage sorcerer. Dual wield crit wands also ups crit and you can use more fire runes ( I prefer shields myself)

Wits? yeah. you will need also memory, and there is almost no memory-enhancer equipment, you can buff other stats but memory does not work.

lvl 1 fire Peace of mind upgrades and gave you like 9 wits at lvl 17, and you can use that and rest pre-combat (you can only use it fully if you do a turn with buffing, chamaleon-wait and then unleash all you have in the next turn if you like to).

Poly is ok, not only for skills and stats ut for
lvl 5 poly "apotheosis" (best spells are sorcery by far. Mid-level elemental spells are useful but not very impressive).

Last edited by _Vic_; 11/10/17 07:07 PM.
L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
I would recommend going glass-cannon in the second play through after you know what to expect because some times glass-cannon is an exercise in frustration and you have to get creative with how you avoid getting stun locked or good use of delay turn to recover from being CC'd.

I would also recommend that you use Fane as your primary crit mage too especially if you're going first because of Time Warp.

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
Crit mage with points into 2H using staff or crit mage points into scoundrel using dual wand, which one is better? And I have lots of memeory so I don't use auto attack after level 9-10

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard