Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
I tried looking up the topic on the forums, and I was wondering if it's possible to add a text-screen or something to establish the introduction in creating your own adventures.

Originally, I was going to add in a note to explain the main objective and fill in the world details in quests/sidequests. However, if possible, I would like to add some of these details and set-up in a text form to give a more grounded intro. Would a simple text-screen be possible, and if so, would that be something beyond the editor itself?

old hand
old hand
The story editor has calls for playing movies so you can (theoretically) do this in your own mod ... except that it currently doesn't work outside your local sandbox because the search path is hardcoded to a location outside what is packaged in the *.pak files. Specifically, when you specify a movie to play via script, it looks in ".\Data\Localization" rather than ".\Data\Mods\<modname>\Localization". Hopefully it's fixed in a patch soon.

Last edited by Windemere; 10/10/17 04:38 PM.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
So would this patch fix an existing feature that is within the editor or is it something that just doesn't exist yet? It's nice to know the likelihood of a future patch before I plan for it or not.

old hand
old hand
It would fix an existing feature. I can get an end credits movie to play just fine in my local version of my mod by using relative path re-direction but that does not work in packaged mods.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods

Link Copied to Clipboard