Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Cheers, MrPillow! I'm not all too comfortable advertising things of commercial nature on someone elses intellectual property, but you're welcome to check out my YouTube and connected media to that :] I try to stream some times while working on things, not so much lately as I'm too concentrated on detail work. Or idle-work. Right now for example, I'm just waiting for Photoshop to finish saving a 16K resolution world map for Episode 1 (Fort Joy + all the new areas) since the default ingame resolution didn't really... Like expanding areas.

For example some side by side examples of before/after here:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

And as I posted on twitter, things are getting quite finished now. It is quite thrilling to see things come together, to be honest! Now it's mostly making sure everything is connected from a-z and write the remaining quest entries, book strings and sort out the remainder of Kara (the new origin character) then we can start playtesting :]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by The Composer; 07/01/18 12:59 AM.
Looks great Composer! Can't wait to try this out.

W
enthusiast
enthusiast
W
I'm not a multiple play through player especislly in a game like this where there wouldn't really be many new surprises if any but when this is released ill run through again.

Maybe all the eq1 and wow running the same stuff over and over did me in.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Hi everyone! Thank you for the kind, amazing feedback thus far! I had initially planned on starting playtesting today along with PAX South but unfortunately certain engine limitations weren't solved as early as I had hoped, leaving for a lot of extra work.

Although we're almost there! Episode 1 is a few weeks away at most, playtesting even closer to that. So today is as good day as any to start collecting names for those interested in helping out with playtesting!

So if you're interested in joining in to try and break the game, find bugs and things behaving in funny ways, get on the mailing list here!

Once a version is ready and uploaded, I'll contact those who have signed up by the mail they've entered and provide links to the newest version and an invite link to a discord channel.

Some long term story have been better fleshed out as well, one as far as to the very end of the game (no spoilers, promise!) which I'm personally very hyped about and can't wait to reach. I think you'll be as intrigued as I am.

Thank you all, and look forward to getting into playtesting 😊
[Linked Image]

-------------------------------------------------------------

M
stranger
stranger
M
Awesome work. Can't wait to play-test! :p

T
stranger
stranger
T
Hey; your mod looks really good. I can't wait to play it with my friends. I was wondering if you planned to add translations to your mod (my friends are not very good in english) ? I can translate text in french if you want.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Glad to hear it! I hope they'll enjoy it :>

Unfortunately I don't have any plans to do any translations besides English. But hopefully, since audio isn't moddable players will have to read anyway, and that can be done at each one's individual pace so hopefully they'll manage :]

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Development is paused until further notice. I either have to figure out how to revert from the recent DOS2 hotfix, or wait for next engine patch. Why?

This is taken from a clean install on a clean Windows using a VM directly after downloading DOS2, Engine and the necessary files from Steam. Edit Fort Joy terrain in any way, and this happens:

[Linked Image]

After constant debugging since the recent hotfix, I've nearly lost hair (and undeniably lost sleep) over trying to figure out why a lot of things was misbehaving. I've come to a conclusion it's without a doubt the hotfix being the culprit, probably a version desync from data to engine, as it refuses to read / write certain lsf files which is probably again the cause of this.

So I am looking into how to revert DOS2 back to before the recent hotfix, or wait for the next engine patch.

Mod work is on pause until either of those two solutions are in place. Preferably very soon.

Thank you to those who has signed up for playtesting, I really wish to progress further as soon as possible, but I find it too risky to put in any engine work under the current circumstances. The workarounds I have made before this discovery likely won't be as nice once engine/data is back in sync again either.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
After cleaning up a VM to test reverting back to last patch prior to yesterday's hotfix, everything works as expected again. I'll leave the computer on to download that past manifest over night and I can get back into continuing my work tomorrow :] I'll turn off any updates for DOS 2 in the interim between editor patches from now on.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Can't wait to play it ♥

H
stranger
stranger
H
Awesome man! Seeing this gets me pumped to start making content. I plan on finishing the campaign, currently I am just about to get to Arx. If you need playtesting help lmk! Looking forward to seeing the final product!

K
B
stranger
stranger
B
This looks amazing. Any updates on when it'll be released?

apprentice
apprentice
Holy shmoly. It's been 2 months since last update. Time flies! DoS2 will be forgotten about soon. But, that's how it goes in the modding world.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Apologies for being absent for a while. I had a terribly nasty flu a while back, enjoyed some PUBG as I was recovering from that (which also consequentially left me with a torn up lung, bleeding and yadda yadda). I have been in Vietnam for a while, and still find myself here while restoring my sanity and getting some life inspiration.

I'll be returning the 17th of April, carrying a covered Masterclass on writing, storytelling and more of which I'll begin to stream more frequently while applying this new inspiration, knowledge and insight to use.

Prior to all of this, I finished making the quest/storyline of obtaining the ship, and made a few minor alterations to the original DOS2 story to fit into the new narrative. Example of this being...

... Gareth is no longer to be found in his usual spot, but there may be something else to be found in his place. This is one of a few new things that will play a part in the final battle of Fort Joy.

Thank you all for being so patient. It's been a learning curve and a journey, part of me can't wait to return from Vietnam and finish the rest. The signups for playtesting is still up, I didn't get to round things up as fast as I could, as I discovered a few "holes" needing to be filled first. But I'll keep you updated.

M
M
Good to have you back (soon), Sir.
I was actually wondering, a few days ago, if you'd ever get around to finish the release and that it would be a shame if all that progress was for naught.
So this is indeed good news smile

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Aye, my new inspiration and knowledge in storytelling is new fuel too, can't wait to start playing with it.

For this last stretch and future episodes, I'm looking for partnering up with willing third parties to help pitch in on the project though, so if anyone feel they have the relevant skills and interest in joining in, let me know.

For now what I could need is someone to help lowering the workload by providing icons for various skills and spells.

old hand
old hand
Exciting to see your new found inspiration and near term expectation for resuming work on it. I know the community would enjoy getting their hands on it!

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
stranger
stranger
Cannot wait for this to come out! By far the most exciting mod I've seen for DOS2. I hope everything is going well, and I'm super excited to see what comes of this mod/expansion!

X
stranger
stranger
X
This is looking really amazing man, Ive been looking for something like this to enhance the D:OS2 experience, and this looks perfect. I am really looking forward to playing this when it is released! Keep up the fantastic work!!

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Cheers! It's tough now, as I am working fulltime as well, but I'm looking into ways to speed up the next few episodes. After all, the majority of reasons episode 1 has taken so long is learning everything I need to know how to do things, pre-planning the storylines, etc. I have a dozen pictures I really, really want to share but since it's from basically the finale of episode 1, I'll keep my cards close. In other words, no tease for you hehe.

I've been looking into little tricks to balance certain gameplay points. One of the main combat tests I'd like to keep focus on once testing starts publically is lone wolf and/or the OP builds you can have. I've tried a level 17 2-man lone wolf team against a hostile group of 4, and it was no where as cakewalk as before. Not perfect by any means, but better. Hence testing and feedback wanted smile

IMPORTANT:
I am looking for a female voice talent (one that has an interest in voiceacting if not only for fun, anyway) to lend her voice to the project. The only real requirement I have is that you have access to relatively decent recording gear, I can do some quality touch-ups in post, but a good starting point is, well... Good! A side-note to this is that, unfortunately you will have to get some spoilers, as I need to bring you in on the story so that you can get a feeling of the character and what she's like. And you'll need to be able to keep a secret ;]

I'm also wondering if there's interest in me streaming some of the work on the next episodes? It could be a means for both hanging out, getting feedback, answering questions from you guys if there may be any. I feel mapping and storyscript writing are my main strongpoints at this point, so I could share whatever I have learned (or discover in the future) there, and share prefabs I make along the way, too.

Anyway, let me know. It's something I've been curious about getting back into.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
It's getting there.

Last edited by The Composer; 29/05/18 02:00 AM.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard