Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
journeyman
journeyman
When you have a trailer that feels like an early teaser for an actual "from the company" expansion pack ... that says a lot about what the engine is capable of.

I'll definitely be paying attention to this. It's definitely got potential.

M
M
First of all, it looks amazing! Really looking forward to see this mod published.
Originally Posted by The Composer
...I have a vague impression on how long it'll take me to finish the project. So the idea thus far is to finish up Fort Joy and then the zones for Driftwood and quests surrounding that, including some to help clarify some of the main story, then I can release the first episode while working on finishing up Driftwood and Nameless Isle, then release episode 2 while I work on Arx.

And keep going like that until I feel I've finished telling the story I want to tell smile

Have you thought about savegame-compatibility?
I mean once the second episode is released, won't it require
one to start a new game in order for it to work? Or should it more be understood as the 2 first episodes are like "open betas" and when the 3rd one is published that is when the complete version is made. I'm guessing that you have some questlines that spans over multiple episodes as well!.

What about the possibility that Larian makes an Enhanced addition and/or an expansion pack (do people still say "expansion pack"?)?
Or are you more like "Nah come what might come, that's not stopping me from making this awesome campaign!".

PS. Sorry if the post is a bit gloomy, I really don't hope that any of this is going to be an issue, I just want to know your thoughts about it.

Last edited by MAHak; 13/10/17 10:00 PM.
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Cheers, @KentDA!

@MAHak: There's definitely quests spanning over several acts smile As far as DoS2: EE, if that happens, it's just great! Always new things to learn, by that time if I'd have to restart, everything's better the second attempt smile

I'm still working on how best to go about launching things. It's also important to me not to publish something and keep people waiting a long time in between, so it's a juggle. I don't really dare answering that with specifics as it's still only been a couple of weeks. I'd prefer not to require complete restarts every time, working at finding ways to, or waiting for a solution to add more content to a mod while mid-ways in a save.

EDIT: Oh, and also...
"Nah come what might come, that's not stopping me from making this awesome campaign!" opa

Last edited by The Composer; 13/10/17 08:13 PM.
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Ought to share some updates party

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

When you forget you haven't blocked movement in AI in the lava yet...

[Linked Image]

Last edited by The Composer; 14/10/17 12:09 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Really makes me want to run in the snow to do some snow angels!

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by morez
Really makes me want to run in the snow to do some snow angels!

Hehe, well that season is coming up fast!

Looks like Fort Joy may be in some trouble... From one of the main quests smile

[Linked Image]

journeyman
journeyman
Hah, reminds me of my current playthrough of DoS: 1. The accidental lava walks. laugh Looks nice with the orange ambiance.

We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents. - Bob Ross
apprentice
apprentice
Awesome, i'm so excited for this expansion even thought i didn't finish the game yet. lol

Ummm... Hi?
Y
journeyman
journeyman
Y
PAL... Are you making diablo game levels beneath Fort Joy Cmon it looks cool !!!.
Will monsters attack the city or not smile

Keep up the nice work meanwhile don' loze time on making skills or spell balance thingy as they are not compatible with each other and will take your real time and slow you down on your main project. Peeps already using their own/other balancing or skill mods for that kind of stuff. Most of Gamers need an unending expandable story to play wink

Just think on castle thingy and diablo thingy can be cool too lol protect the city from demon attacks known story types but classic. As classics never die...

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Thanks, Yuhnis. No, I'm not doing diablo stuff though I can understand the vague resemblance smile

It is in fact Fort Joy, but an alternative... *Spoiler*.

Did some scenery combat today.

Last edited by The Composer; 17/10/17 01:13 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
That's all looking pretty awesome. I am sure a lot of people are gonna have loads of fun with this!

My GM Add-ons on Steam.
N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
Late to the party but this is seriously amazing.
Great work.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Saw your post in my help thread, read your signature.. smile

This looks like a mod i'd definitely play once it's done, hope you don't abandon it.

However, (personal) caveat:
I see this often with modders, packing disparate or multiple aspects into one big package, which is often enough more of a disadvantage than anything else.
Here for instance.. It looks like you know your way around your editor, have good ideas, can type like a proper human. Perfect, quality content incoming ^^
So why not stick to content? As in, why "dillute" that by adding changes to 'default' skills/spells, changing 'default' source points, rebalancing the base game, etc? Becomes way too subjective/convoluted at that point; would be better if you kept separate aspects.. separate really. Could always add a separate 'expansion' for your mod smile
Again, just an opinion.

Last edited by Aenra; 19/10/17 07:55 PM.

Pride, honour and purity
E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Will we be able to use our main campaign characters in this mod/expansion?

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Thank you for your response, Aenra! My main goal is indeed not any major overhaul to the spells in the game, though some alterations and balances are necessary to both fit the story, and some quality of life changes such as passive Spirit Vision. My main goal is to add replayability with new stories, characters and places to explore in the main campaign.

Which also hopefully answers your question, Endarire! It is for the standard campaign, so all the origin characters are available, but it's best to start a new save when the time comes smile

EDIT:

Returned to the north for some further work. Pretty good progress in town.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by The Composer; 23/10/17 12:43 AM.
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Just want to shoutout about Skumleren who has joined in as a mapper in the project! Sadly, I don't have any screenshots of what I saw, but it was truly a great sight, and I'm not too easy to impress. It should make a significant chip away at the amount of work towards playtesting and releasing episodes!

In the meantime, I've begun streaming again and if you'd like to hang out and follow some of the streams as I work on the project then I can be found here:
YouTube | Twitch | Mixer

EDIT
Hold on, I 'do' have a screenshot. From the stream when we were going over what he'd made so far!

[Linked Image]

Last edited by The Composer; 26/10/17 11:47 PM.
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Some further developments!

The prisons from 'Ildheim', with its interior and prison inside of a mountain side.

[Linked Image]

old hand
old hand
Oh nice, what a cool concept, and executed well. Glad you got past the editor hiccups post-patch and making progress again.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Dude, you have no idea. Was so stressed out, and the relief of getting it back to work...

M
M
nice work bro - i love it smile

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard