Print Thread
#631056 15/10/17 03:44 AM
D
Dallen Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
I have read many forms about how people are disappointed by how grenades don't scale with player level.

So what if you could choose each of the crafting categories to level up in. Every time you level up in a crafting category you earn a random crafting recipe and craft better/ stronger items.

Returning to grenades as an example: every time you level up you grenade crafting skill your grenades become stronger.

veteran
veteran
There is no Crafting civil skill anymore, and I don't think anyone wants there to be a half-dozen possible Crafting categories to take civil points. You simply don't get that many of them.

We also don't need to split Thievery into Pickpocketing, Picking chest locks, picking door locks, or to split Loremaster into Lore: Undead, Lore: Beasts, Lore: Voidwoken, Lore: Major Races, Lore: Demons.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
I'd love crafting as a civil skill. Just one would do - no need for separate crafting/blacksmithing and certainly not multiple ones.

Crafting was one of my favorite things in the last game - both as a way to make money (which you needed to sometimes especially at the start) and if you invested the points in it (as opposed to another civil skill) a way to get high quality weapons, add resistances to armour etc. It was an alternative to investing in stealing or luck.

Here it is pointless - nothing you can craft is any good so you collect all these sticks and stones for nothing. Its a shame as all the pre-requisites (ingredients, recipes) are there just the end result is underwhelming.

If there was a crafting civil skill then quality could be based on that without unbalancing game as you would have had to invest in that rather than some other way of getting items.

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
I miss crafting skill from DOS.

But also do not miss it. People were abusing it a lot by giving points to companions/henchmen they do not use.

Also, with proper skills you pretty much were never using any weapons from the loot. Crafted ones were always superior.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard