Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Is anybody else really struggling to get this tag to activate? I've tried everything that's been recommended to me. I've handed over Stingtail to Griff, I robbed the elf that Atusa was helping, I enslaved the Lady Vengeance, all of these options I've seen recommended for getting the tag - and it's still not popped up for me. Is it just straight up bugged? Because the Hero tag is significantly easier to unlock in every regard, I've always unlocked that alignment almost immediately upon entering Fort Joy on my good characters.

journeyman
journeyman
I've had absolutely no luck in activating it before Act 2-3 with Source Vampirism when used excessively. All previous information on obtaining the tag seems to be out of date.

That said the most I've seen it let you do is kick puppies, so you aren't missing out on much.

Edit: After some testing, I believe the game may track good deeds against bad deeds, ala fable. If you're a murderous dickweed and specifically avoid good deeds early on, it is possible to get the Villain tag early on; however good deeds are very easy to come by.

Last edited by GreatGuardsman; 08/10/17 04:33 AM.

The Flaws of Divinity: Original Sin II: A list of observations of the game's shortcomings for the community.
Found HERE.
S
stranger
stranger
S
It was pretty easy for me to obtain, i did it in 2 new games. First don't save anyone on the ship when it goes down. Get the to the elf that is hiding with the child and get her pouch through conversation.And turn in Stingtail to Griff, it always gives me the Villian Tag. In my Recent playthrough i got the villian tag on reapers coast, it unlocked while i was draining a ghost even though i already had the Hero Tag, so i am unsure how exactly i got it.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Sharky
It was pretty easy for me to obtain, i did it in 2 new games. First don't save anyone on the ship when it goes down. Get the to the elf that is hiding with the child and get her pouch through conversation.And turn in Stingtail to Griff, it always gives me the Villian Tag. In my Recent playthrough i got the villian tag on reapers coast, it unlocked while i was draining a ghost even though i already had the Hero Tag, so i am unsure how exactly i got it.
I've done literally all of this on my current run and I still don't have the Villain tag. Curiously, what race are you playing? I'm a lizard.

Originally Posted by GreatGuardsman
I've had absolutely no luck in activating it before Act 2-3 with Source Vampirism when used excessively. All previous information on obtaining the tag seems to be out of date.

That said the most I've seen it let you do is kick puppies, so you aren't missing out on much.

Edit: After some testing, I believe the game may track good deeds against bad deeds, ala fable. If you're a murderous dickweed and specifically avoid good deeds early on, it is possible to get the Villain tag early on; however good deeds are very easy to come by.
Here's a list of everything I've done.

-Called the kids brats when speaking to Lohse
-Pickpocketed everybody that was unconscious after Windego's source attack
-Threatened the scared Magisters with mutiny and then killed them anyway
-Didn't save anybody on the ship
-Robbed the elf Atusa was helping
-Sided with Griff's thugs against Elodi
-Told the grieving mother to bugger off
-Threatened and then killed the near-dead old man on the beach
-Name-dropped Stingtail for Griff and then helped Silence kill Stingtail

Still nothing on this run, no Villain tag in sight.

Last edited by StukaXCII; 08/10/17 09:51 AM.
F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
I simply killed everyone in Fort Joy. No villain tag.

stranger
stranger
I actually had the same problem. It took an awful long time until I unlocked this tag, only so when I could use Source Vampirism. Didn't matter if I murdered all of Fort Joy or not, it didn't unlock. I almost assume that this seems to be a bug which plagues some? Since a few report it to be very easy.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Holy cow I finally got it... by attacking the Royal Fire Slug from long distance because I didn't want to be in a poor position. Killing a creature nobody can understand without Pet Pal got me the Villain tag...

H
stranger
stranger
H
I think is bugged. I did:

- Killing all Magisters in prelude on the ship
- Leaving the ship without helping the others
- Killing Ifan and the elf
- Giving in Stingtail
- Absorbing Wither's soul
- Killing dudes playing cards
- Befriending and killing fireslug queen
- Avoiding "morally just" quests
- Killing everyone in Fort Joy area/ caves/ dungeons, through dialogue and not.

All of this starting with my character (Lohse), but nothing...

If I cannot roleplay and RPG, I won't play it until is fixed.
Let's hope Larian acknowledge and fix it.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard