Next Thread
Print Thread
S
sonnyc Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
I'm trying to change/set the portrait icon for a npc. I select a character and go to the sidebar, in the Character>Icon field it says that's the field that's used for the portrait.

However when I click on the button to change it, I get a popup saying "Can't load texture for preview of icon!". Does anyone know where the portraits are stored, or if this is a common issue?

journeyman
journeyman
This is a common issue which we've been seeing since the early access of the toolset. Hopefully it will be fixed in a future update.

Unfortunately right now the only way to add an icon is to enter its name manually, and you have to know exactly what it's called since you can't even switch to a different atlas in the selection dialog.

addict
addict
Hey guys,

I made a note of it, so we can look into fixing this issue smile

Sincerely,
Kevin

CTRL+K the elf
S
sonnyc Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Great, thanks for letting me know!

journeyman
journeyman
Thanks Kevin, that would be great!

J
journeyman
journeyman
J
Extract the contents of icons.pak and move the folders from it to the data folder of Divinity Original Sin 2 fixes this... although it's a bug and does need to be fixed to read from the source files and patches in case they ever update the icon files.

[steaminstallpath]\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Divinity Original Sin 2\Data\Public\Shared\Assets\Textures\Icons\Ability_Skill_Status_Icons.dds

[steaminstallpath]\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Divinity Original Sin 2\Data\Public\Shared\Assets\Textures\Icons\Icons_DOS2_Books.dds

[steaminstallpath]\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Divinity Original Sin 2\Data\Public\Shared\Assets\Textures\Icons\Portrait_NPC_Icons.dds

etc. etc.

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard