Print Thread
#630280 12/10/17 05:38 PM
S
Switch Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
Stat and skill scaling can make it difficult to balance skills/statuses for all stages of the game.

Is it possible to adjust the level scaling or add/change scaling to individual statuses and skills?

How does Flesh Sacrifice work - it takes -1 constitution at lower levels, then eventually goes to -4 constitution. I've looked through the stats for it and haven't determined how to replicate that effect for a buff.

Last edited by Switch; 12/10/17 05:38 PM.
H
stranger
stranger
H
I'm very much interested in this, too.

Peace of Mind (/Burning Eyes) is an example for a buff that increases its numerical values over time. I'd like to replicate this for other buffs but can't find what makes Burning Eyes scale with lvls :o

I think base damage per level scaling is mainly linked to the vitality scaling modifier within data. As far as I know there is no option to adjust scaling for specific skills in detail except for changing the 'Damage' column which offers a bunch of options. Although I have to admit that I didn't explore these options in detail and don't know if they are useful at all.

T
stranger
stranger
T
The scaling of at least Peace of Mind appears to be calculated using at least your character level and values stored in \Data\Public\Shared\Stats\Generated\Data\Potions.txt. By altering the values in Potions.txt you can change the scaling/values per level.

However, there appears to be one very important thing to take note of. From my testing, the values stored in Potions.txt are peak values when your character is around level 13 (~950,000XP) and they will continue to rise as your character level increases. Conversely, they will decrease proportionally as your character level decreases below 13. So, this can make it slightly more challenging when you want to alter the scaling.

I prefer to play normally with Vitality*Scaling set to 1 so I had to find a way to adjust some skills and potions for balancing reasons (vitality scaling appears to have no effect or little effect on some buffs and potions). While I may not be doing it correctly, it has proven sufficient for my needs (keeping achievements enabled).

I hope this information somehow helps you accomplish your goals.

Last edited by Toazd; 15/10/17 08:24 PM.
S
Switch Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
Thanks for the reply, more information is definitely helpful for implementing around the scaling, but still looking for some more information about how that scaling can be adjusted!

S
stranger
stranger
S
Hey, I had a fairly similar question recently here , and 'll go through what i've managed to figure out. I'm still not certain what everything does, so I'd be very interested if anyone had a real answer.

When I was creating a skill, it was doing the scaling by default. I created a copy of the BurnMyEyes/Peace Of Mind skill to edit, but I wanted to have a flat debuff at all levels.

There were 3 Stats rows I had to create/copy in the Stats Editor:
1. SkillData > Target
2. StatusData > Status_CONSUME
3. Stats > Potion

SkillData > Target:
Has a SkillProperties column, of the form ([Status_CONSUME row Name], 100, duration). I have no idea what the 100 indicates, but most skills seemed to have it there. This row seemed to contain general skill information like description/animations/icons/AP cost.
The Name for this column corresponds to the SkillID when setting the skill to the UseAction of a scroll or skillbook.

StatusData > Status_CONSUME:
I'm not sure exactly what these are for, but the Status_CONSUME rows look like all the links for each buff/debuff skill/effect.
It has a StatsId column that links to the Stats>Potion effects, where the skill effects are input. It also has some description/display name fields.

Stats > Potion:
This is where I defined the skill effects.
There's a few rows called Act/Act part/Act strength that seem to set the scaling somehow. When I set Act part to 12, it allowed me to set arbitrary values for the attribute fields and have them reflect back correctly in the skill. If I used lower values for Act part it seemed to scale down the effects somehow (if you look at the different size healing potions they do something similar to scale the amount healed, because each size potion has the Vitality field set to 400, but each potion obviously heals for a different amount).

So I'm not sure of the exact workings behind it, hopefully one of the Larian devs/employees might be able to shed some light on it, but that was what I had figured out and if might save you some time. If you want your skill to scale, clear the Act/Act part/Act strength fields in Stats>Potion and test it at different levels, that seemed to do it for me.

Last edited by sonnyc; 16/10/17 05:56 PM.
S
Switch Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
First off - thank you so much for taking the time to explain your findings! I'm going to do more investigating on this tonight and I'll try to add what I discover. I'll try to document my testing with the ACT modifiers

Quick reply before reading everything:

"Has a SkillProperties column, of the form ([Status_CONSUME row Name], 100, duration)"

the 100 <-- is the % chance to apply the status

Last edited by Switch; 16/10/17 06:07 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Ahhhh... Yeah that'd make a lot of sense!

If you figure any more out I'd love to hear. I didn't get to intricate testing the values as I figured out what I needed to do, but I know I'll be in playing with it again so if we can combine our findings here we can put a page up in the community docs.

S
Switch Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
Alright - I figured out the act scaling:

Basically Act 1 Act Part 0 = Level scaling stat bonuses

Armor, damage (scaling - adding damage, but no scaling does no damage!), healing, and main stats (int, strength, etc) scale with your level (or level of caster...not clear on that yet)

Every other bonus (to skills like RogueLore, crit, resistances, etc) is a flat value no matter the level.

Changing the 'Act Part', gives you a flat bonus of the equivalent level. So, Act Part 10, gives you the equivalent of a scaling bonus of being level 10.

In my testing, I found that 13 is the only Act Part where you receive 10, when the requested stat is 10 (of Int, for example)

Potion listed bonus: 10 Int
30 Act Part = 23 Int
12 Act Part = 9 Int
1 Act Part = 1 Int

I have a chart I made at home I can link if anyone is interesting that shows the scaling from level 1-20.

Last edited by Switch; 17/10/17 02:07 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
@Switch - Yeah, I'd definitely be interested in seeing it!

Link Copied to Clipboard