Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
G
I wanna change the model of Alexandar's Cloak to the special magister robe. I know you can replace the model of things, but I don't want to make it so that the mid-tier mage armor is the magister armor, I want this one unique item to show differently.

I tried replacing the RootTemplate of alexandar's cloak with that of the harbor magister's robe in ItemProgressionVisuals, but that didn't do anything.
Then I edited the color and name group, and the color worked but the name group crashed the game.

Last edited by Grondoth; 17/10/17 04:23 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
There's 3-4 different magister robe models. Are you talking about the general one seen most frequently (including on Alexander himself) or another?

G
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
G
There's a unique robe called the Magister's Mantle that you get from the little harbor section that Gawin runs through(and usually dies). That calls up a model that's made for player characters, you can find it in all 4 race armors in the resource manager, although in humans it's under RedFaction. It's usually called RedFaction_inquisitor_something_upperbody_something.

Last edited by Grondoth; 17/10/17 04:53 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
Yep, you're describing the most common magister robe model.

The easiest method to do what you're asking:

In your mod, go to the Divinity Origin armor stats. Copy the entire FTJ_Alexandar_Armour stat to your mod's armor stats. Change the ItemGroup to FTJ_HarbourMagister_MageArmour. Save. (-:

Note without additional changes, the name of the armour will appear as Magister's Mantle, but the stats will all be of Alexandar's.

G
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
G
Huh, that's easy. Then what does ItemProgressionVisuals do? Anything besides color?

EDIT: Didn't work. Just turned the robe red.

Last edited by Grondoth; 17/10/17 06:29 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
ItemProgressionName determines the ItemProgressionVisual, they go hand in hand. From my experience ItemColour works most correctly when it's defined in the Armor/Weapon stat.

Hrm, that's unfortunate, it worked perfectly fine for me. You may want to do it in a fresh mod since you've edited other things related to what you're trying to change already.

G
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
G
Yeah didn't work in a fresh mod either, just a color change. I AM loading a save to test, that might be screwing with it. I'm adding it to my mod's Stats/Armor, and just changing the ItemGroup. Nothing else at all, is there another step that I should be doing to get it to work?

Thanks for your help, you don't need to be doing this and I really appreciate it.

Last edited by Grondoth; 17/10/17 11:40 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
I was going to mention I generally don't load old saves to test things so that could be a potential culprit.

Nope, that's the quick and dirty way which is made easy by the fact the model is already made available to the players!

G
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
G
Is there another way to test it? Even if I were to put the item on the ground in a new game, a new player wouldn't be able to wear it.

journeyman
journeyman
I generally test things by adding them to starting class equipment (to my custom classes). Another easy way to test is adding it into a chest that you've placed near the start, either on the ship or Fort Joy beach. Just give it the treasure table Alexandar has when he drops it.

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard