Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Sisko Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
S
So after 100 or so hours of work, I went to test my mod in game and I get the "we could not make a valid story error"
When its done loading, everything works except all the scripts. I can teleport to my level, i can interact with things, but any events or triggers dont work.

The story script in editor works 100% fine and completes with out error, but in game It does not.

So to debug I have tried a few things, Iv tried making a new project and copying everything over. I have also tried deleting ALL of my scripts only having default origin scripts and I still get the error. I then tried deleting the entire "story" folder from the mod in the editor folder, and I still get the error.

The fact everything works except any story scripts made me think it was somthing wrong in there but You'd think deleting any story edits would fix it but it did not, What else could cause such an error?

S
Sisko Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
S
Okay after further testing, its not just my mod, it is ANY mod, either a new blank one...ones downloaded from workshop, all give me the error, on new or loaded campaigns

X
journeyman
journeyman
X
Does it happen without any mods enabled? If it happens with any mod I would say it's either that you've accidentally and incorrectly altered the vanilla story scripts somewhere or maybe you've accidentally added some broken scripts loose in the folders for the base game.

S
Sisko Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
S
it only happens with any mods are enabled

Last edited by Sisko; 18/10/17 03:06 PM.

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard