Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#632176 19/10/17 10:06 AM
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
How would I go about doing this? I've been here a while searching for where the other damage types are defined to no avail. I've extracted most of the pak files and combed through them with no indication of where to find what I'm looking for.
Going to keep searching or looking for workarounds but if anyone knows or has an idea, shoot.

journeyman
journeyman
Damage Types and Resistances are hard coded. Even if you were to go through and completely re-define the damage calculation formula, it would be impossible to show any of your new values in the UI and would have to rely on a bunch of statuses or dialogs to inform the player (or a book?)

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Would you happen to know where this damage calculation formula is at?

journeyman
journeyman
It's not something you just copy and paste. It's dependant on a large number of things. You would need context of:

The Base Damage Table
The Ability, Damage Mod, and Damage Range Attribute for every skill in the game in a table you can reference from code
The Height delta between the caster and it's target

and then you need simpler data like str, fin, int, pyro, etc. For weapon skills you also need the weapon skill associated with what they are using in their main hand. Also crit, certain talents.

Now, assuming you have all of this, the moment someone installs a mod that changes how the game scales, everything you have breaks because if the game scales differently, the base damage table is different.

There is also no way to intercept damage before it's applied so you can't go that approach either.

You also have the problem of applying the damage. When you apply damage, it has to belong to a specific element, so you either run the risk of double dipping resists, or bypassing armor via piercing.

tl;dr: Even with the hackiest of hacks, this isn't something you should try to do because it is not possible to do in any manner that will work as expected.

Link Copied to Clipboard