Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#632710 21/10/17 06:39 PM
Zerd Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I'm trying to create a new skill and I'm following the step-by-step on the larian docs website. However, when I got to the point where I need to assign the root template to a skillbook, the engine automatically closes.

[Linked Image]

Whenever I click on the RootTemplate option that should open the pop up box (as on the picture), my engine stops working and a windows message shows up saying the program will close. This is what shows up and stops me from using the Engine (as soon as I select any option on that box, the engine closes):

[Linked Image]

D
stranger
stranger
D
This is an editor bug. Trying to edit any RootTemplate field in the stats editor will crash it.

Zerd Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Is there anyway to work around this bug? I don't remember being possible to edit this from elsewhere.

D
D
Save everything in stats editor and close it (doesn't need to close, but needs to be restarted for it to update itself)

Work around is to use something like Notepad++ to open the Object.stats found in your mod files. in that find:

<field name="RootTemplate" type="RootTemplateStatObjectFieldDefinition" value="4bff4311-2e40-48f4-a06e-d6abd65adce2" />

the value part needs to be changed to the GUID (found in sidebar) of the object root template your looking at.
Picture:

https://imgur.com/a/3DJRR

Then you save Object.stats and re-open stats editor.

Zerd Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Thanks a lot, man. Now I can keep up working on my mod.

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard