Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#632787 22/10/17 07:12 AM
Nashes Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
When editing levels, surely there's a way to NOT have Wall construction appearance be randomized? Especially when you want a specific portion of the wall to be an entrance, or a window, etc, or don't want the wall to have the damaged appearance?

This is driving me quite up the wall, if you please, when putting a level together tbh. I don't see any settings or anything for walls, outside of the Edit Wall button, and that button is extremely irksome and counterintuitive. Urgh.

Last edited by Nashes; 22/10/17 06:49 PM. Reason: topic change
veteran
veteran
Right click a selected wall part with the wall button and "Create door", "Split wallpiece", etc. Hold CTRL and scroll the mousewheel to change wall/door/window/corner variations.

journeyman
journeyman
You can scroll through the different appearances of a wall piece by holding ctrl+mouse wheel scroll while selecting the wall section. Or maybe you mean something different..

Nashes Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Oh man, I tried the right clicking but--obviously--it only works when an individual wall piece is selected and turned blue. And the ctrl+scroll is sweet. I wish all that was documented somewhere.

Y'all are lifesavers! I'm also now having an issue with roofing. Of course I can do the side roofing fine but I have two queries:

-what's the optimal and snap x/y/z for walls to roofs, if you know? Or are we expected to eyeball it?
-how do you get the center roof portions when you've done the side roofs--the middle top of the building?

Thanks so much in advance.

EDIT: I have found the "material resource ID" section, and the roof vs. floor options, but there are no easily-identified matching textures for the roofing walls... Also very difficult to get it to match the irregular spaces the roofing leaves, because some roof portions already fill in a bit of the roof, if that makes sense.

Last edited by Nashes; 22/10/17 07:18 PM.
G
stranger
stranger
G
I have a related problem. I cannot find the material resource that creates the roof visually. All that I get is a floor for the second story with the materials I have tried. Anyone know what these files are called?

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard