Next Thread
Print Thread
T
The Sonderval
Unregistered
The Sonderval
Unregistered
T
I'vr finished the game but I'm still a bit confused about being Godwoken and then Divine. Is "Godwoken" just a title for Sourcers who have been told by their god to get to that giant amount of source?

What happens when you become divine? What powers do they get? Because magic doesn't seem to use source.

veteran
veteran
I haven't finished the game, but my guess from what I've gathered, occasionally the gods need to be replaced. So for instance Duna, god of the Dwarves has chosen Marcus Miles to replace him, and once that happens, Marcus will become Duna, probably making him indistinguishable from the Duna who came before.

I think this is different from Lucian, who was the Divine One, he was chosen by the Council of Seven who unanimously agreed that Lucian should be the Divine One, and he was imbued with a small bit of power from each of the Seven Gods, making him more than mortal, but less than a full-on god. So, a demi-god, in essence.

Not sure why Lucian's "death" would prompt a crisis, because,
There have been Divine Ones before, but they were few and far between, so not having a Divine One around is fairly normal. Also, Lucian is not dead, just trapped in another plane.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Well, maybe the guy above me have already answered it, but in my view, Godwoken is basically a chosen one by a respective god. The Gods apparently are just source-hungry tyrannical beings and want you (or whoever they choose) to gather as much source as possible to sustain themselves, since they have been weakened. They can also provide you with some types of blessings with the remaining power they have so you achieve what they want. Maybe I am completely wrong but that´s what I took from it...

It's a little unclear. It is either a chosen of the gods, a person who the gods are designating to serving them by imbuing them with power. OR it is a particularly powerful sourceror who as a result of their powerful sourcery are chosen by the gods to serve them. It is possible it is just a fancy title.

Trap Strats: DOS1:EE? Cheese - DOS2? Mashed potatoes - Proper nutrition is key to dungeon delving.
journeyman
journeyman
In my opinion, "Godwoken" is just a fancy title accorded to a Sourcerer (un)lucky enough to be chosen by one of the seven gods to serve him/her. I don't think the gods choose you based on your power level (your character in the early game is a little bitch in compare to other sourcerers).

The god gives some powers to the Godwoken so he can do his job as a servant even better.

If the other gods like your services too or are desesperate, here you go : you are Divine.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard