monzua Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hello All, welcome to my Adventure!

A Thieves Tale: Chapter 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tsx04crr3-E

Features:

-> Live the life or a ordinary human
- no special powers and certainly no godwoken. Experience a story were you don’t have a so called "God" to protect you, a life were you don’t gain god granted skills and abilities just by Level-Up or dreaming!

-> 10 unique locations with 4 different zones
Explore the vast area of your "HomeForrest", visit swamps - climb mountains and explore dark cellars/crypts.

-> Unique combat encounters
Fight enemies that you cant beat with normal tactics - bring your minds to your limit by defeating special enemies in the final crypt.

-> Rebalanced LevelUp Experience
The first Chapter will offer Content till level 8/9. "A Thieves Tale" is completely rebalanced and offers Gothic - kind of skill - learning system. Remember: Normal citizens who are no godwoken need to earn and practice their skills!

-> No Character Creation
Not you decide your faith, hair color, talents - you parents do and the environment you grow up. Find and work for people to earn their trust so they in return will let you take part of their knowledge.

-> 16 unique/fun and partly smartass quests (With one Main Quest).
Helping a cursed statue to dream her dream, crafting a shrinking rune for a huugee rabbit or solving a challenging teleport riddle? Just some of the things you can do. its up to you to decide what path to take and what adventures to go for.

-> Environmental Hazard
As you can imagine going on top of a high mountain the
weather isn’t always in your favor. This Adventures is introducing weather conditions that influence your behavior and might even inflict damage if you are not prepared!

-> Venture through the map and meet new friends - learn to fight with them and maybe one day they will join you permanently.

This MAP is currently in QA Stage – a release is planned early next month. Following topics still need to be fixed:

• Refining EXP Balancing
  • Some Flags need to be implemented
  • Some triggers don’t trigger correctly
  • Some NPC don’t spawn / dialog bugged
  • Still need custom portraits.
  • General QA hundrets of lines of text over 30 Dialogs

Remarks:

• 37 Dialogs (500+ Dialog Options)
  • 1200 lines osiris scripts
  • 900 lines text
  • 1000s of 1000s of game objects
  • a AI grid that Needs 20 minutes to render lol
  • 16 Quests with over 100 flags

Overall the MAP is 90% done, should be already playable, thats why I decided to share it with you folks. Around 200 hours invested into this adventures – As a site note its my first adventure I ever made and its also my first ever MOD I made on my own. The focus of this mod is to find a good balance between me learning features and possible players enjoying some fun with my mod. By far not everything is perfect and finished – with this size of a map / adventure I am sure I could do one month polishing. Please not that I am no designer, screenshots dont reflect final Quality and should only give fellow modders some impressions.

I on purpose didnt include any Spoilers. hehe If people like it i would be willing to do chapert 2 and so on.

Screenshots ( so you guys have an idea about scenery etc)

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by monzua; 23/10/17 02:11 PM.
old hand
old hand
Wow, that's a load of impressive work so far. I do miss the days of older PnP campaigns where you were a bit less epic and godlike, so this sounds like a refreshing take. Really looking forward to it, good luck on crossing the finish line.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
journeyman
journeyman
Looks very cool, good map design too. Will definitely be playing this.

Sign me up.

addict
addict
Looks and sounds great, very good luck to end and release this nice project hehe

Un chemin de 1000 lieues commence par un premier pas.

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere
M
monzua Offline OP
OP Offline
M
thank you guys hehe I hope you guys will enjoy it the same way i enjoyed creating it.

Last edited by monzua; 23/10/17 10:17 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by monzua
-> Live the life or a ordinary human
- no special powers and certainly no godwoken

I like that a lot!
Screenies look awesome to!

My GM Add-ons on Steam.
M
monzua Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Getting closer, finished alot of Features:

-> Waypoint System
-> Balancing NPC's and Quest rewards
-> Added hidden treasures, these can be found by random luck OR unlucked via treasure map.
-> Added Unique Gear
-> New Special Quest Potions
-> Added 4 new quests
-> Added hidden Lever riddle + Support
-> Fixed alot of issue with flags,ui,ai etc
-> added random loot and hidden spots
-> added crime areas.
-> added additional Trader only accessable after doing specific quest/favour.
-> added Status effect based Dialog and quest Progression to reflect environmental Feature (like People only talk based on WARM condition etc,)

Last edited by monzua; 30/10/17 01:39 AM.
M
M
Very nice. Definitely going to check it out on release. I like the more down to earth PC approach, no godwokenness and divine intervention. The 'from humble beginnings to godhood' and the whole world revolves around that quest narrative, is kinda played out.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Nice intro, cool concept, sweet maps ... I am impressed and looking forward to see updates..

M
monzua Offline OP
OP Offline
M
New Update:

Nearly Ready: Had some People QA it -> Found 45 Bugs , fixed all of them. Amazing how many things one need to account. Also I added a complete new Level to the Adventure. Compared to the first map with dense story and content this map is more based on exploration and encounters. Credit for the map really goes to morez. His map is a real asset and I was really happy when he agreed that I could add his map.

In generell some things still are not perfect: Like Waypointsystem and Checkpoints but thats not to critical I could build a Workaround, but lets see.

Fixed/Implemented:

-> Re-Balanced, main character will progress slowly (to slow for too less Content) so I decided to buff a Party member so it adds a bit of diversity from time to time without giving the Player any kind of powerfull skills right with the start of this chapter.
-> Added some small Spider infested ruines
-> Removed talentpoint/ability gain via LevelUp
-> Implemented 3 more quests for the new MAP
-> 6 more encounters
-> reworked all Texts (one hell of a work)

Most of it was balancing and bugfixing reall.

Maybe 1-2 weeks till first release. The one thing I have some issues with is doing a test deployment on Steam. i did one and if i update it it seems to not work with existing save...

old hand
old hand
Hey, was wondering if you were making progress here towards that release. Let me know if you need another set of eyes for QA.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
B
stranger
stranger
B
Can't wait to try this out! Looks really promising!

Reminds me of those Rogue themed modules I've played on the Neverwinter Vault.

Link Copied to Clipboard