Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
So I created a new status entry (DEFLECTION) in the stats editor. But when I try to reference that status in the script editor I get:

Failed to fill variable data. Status 'DEFLECTION' is unknown Statuses.gameScript

Can't save or build the file, even after reloading the editor, and the 'Reload object lists' button isn't helping. The text DEFLECTION is referenced like any other status:

Set(_Result, DEFLECTION)

...but the text does not turn blue when typed into the editor, like a base game status like BURNING would. Anyone know what I need to do to change this?

D
D
Originally Posted by smarmbot
So I created a new status entry (DEFLECTION) in the stats editor. But when I try to reference that status in the script editor I get:

Failed to fill variable data. Status 'DEFLECTION' is unknown Statuses.gameScript

Can't save or build the file, even after reloading the editor, and the 'Reload object lists' button isn't helping. The text DEFLECTION is referenced like any other status:

Set(_Result, DEFLECTION)

...but the text does not turn blue when typed into the editor, like a base game status like BURNING would. Anyone know what I need to do to change this?

Bump. Would like to know this too. Ran into the same problem, did you find a solution?

Picture of problem = https://imgur.com/a/l04iB

L
stranger
stranger
L
Hi smarmbot,

Are you by any chance trying to use the status in the Statuses.gameScript, which is part of the shared mod? I suspect it's due to the fact that you're trying to use the status in the Shared mod, while you created it in your own mod. If that's indeed the case you can try creating a new script in your mod and using the status in that script.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Hey, sorry, I should've come back to clarify that this problem cleared itself up. I didn't realize that you have to restart the editor and reload your project before the script editor will recognize new stats you've created.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
new *statuses* I mean

M
M
OR you can use reload stats and you dont have to eeload complete editor hehe

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Oh, word?

M