Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
Alright, so after beating the game on Honour Mode (omg, finally) and getting most of the achievements, I can safely state that I have pretty good understanding of which achievements are simply broken.

There's 10 achievements that stand out right now:

[Linked Image]

Posting this thread for the developers to see the problem ones and for others who are achievement hunting like me to take note of which ones are finnicky or downright busted.

Also, have you guys looked at the global achievements? It's crazy! Only 5.3% of people have finished the game and of that 5.3%, only 1.4% on Tactician Mode!

Pretty cool. smile

Last edited by Alexstrasza; 25/10/17 12:48 PM. Reason: Formatting.
veteran
veteran
I got Chosen, however, I got it by picking the guaranteed success options, so I think it should be changed so you only get it by actually winning all three persuasion checks.

The One seems broken, I did both the hidden optional arena and the mandatory main quest one and didn't get it.

I got A Song Unsung, so it worked for me. I don't think I got Stay Grounded, unless that means more than just handing over the heart.

The Seven Altars seems bugged, I visited all seven and got nothing, and it doesn't update your progress either.

OP Offline
Originally Posted by Stabbey
The One seems broken, I did both the hidden optional arena and the mandatory main quest one and didn't get it.

Same here, nothing worked.

EDIT: Upon review, I decided to bump it up to Purple status. It's clearly not functioning correctly and is seemingly broken despite numerous campaign completions.

I got A Song Unsung, so it worked for me. I don't think I got Stay Grounded, unless that means more than just handing over the heart.

I did it and followed the quest line religiously (Sebille is my fave character) and nothing.

The Seven Altars seems bugged, I visited all seven and got nothing, and it doesn't update your progress either.

Make sure you do it with one character if you're playing with someone else.

For example, my SO did 2 of them altars and I did 5; our progress showed 2/7 and 5/7 respectively. On our 2nd and 3rd play through, we made sure we each took a turn doing ALL of them by ourselves. This method earned our completion of it successfully.

Last edited by Alexstrasza; 25/10/17 01:27 PM. Reason: "The One" clarification of its status.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Alexstrasza

I was playing alone, I did it with one character, and got credit for none of them.

OP Offline

I was playing alone, I did it with one character, and got credit for none of them.

Did you let the Gods' feed upon you?

I feel as though they broke it recently with a patch. An Australian friend of mine also didn't get credit; I just chalked it up to user error.

I guess I was wrong.

veteran
veteran

That's much later isn't it? What does that have to do with the altars?

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
I got "an apple a day" and "a song unsung”.

I beat the game before patch 3 though. Maybe they are broken after patch 3

Last edited by sehnsucht; 25/10/17 02:18 PM.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by sehnsucht

Same, and same. I agree there's quite a few bugged ones though, IIRC in addition to the ones listed but I haven't been keeping a careful note.

J'aime le fromage.
veteran
veteran
I've gotten some of these so I wouldn't call them 100%
broken. But definitely something funky and unreliable stuff going on. For example, I don't have "Liberator" either, even though I've killed the mother tree.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

OP Offline

That's much later isn't it? What does that have to do with the altars?

During the dialogue on the Nameless Isle, you're given the option to let the majority of the seven to feed on you when praying. They take a source point and AFAIK try to 'curse' you in some (annoying) way. Like, Rallic will permanently blind you to make it easier for his champion to beat you.

Originally Posted by sehnsucht

Quite possible; it does seem as though some achievements were rendered broken after a certain patch. Unfortunately for me, I was playing a custom character for my first campaign on tactician mode and it took quite a while... Probably missed the window of opportunity to get it until they fix it again.

Originally Posted by The Composer
I've gotten some of these so I wouldn't call them 100% broken.

I'm not; they're listed as definitely buggy or broken as I myself was unable to obtain them after numerous game completions and other users reporting inconsistencies with their acquisition.

veteran
veteran
During the dialogue on the Nameless Isle, you're given the option to let the majority of the seven to feed on you when praying. They take a source point and AFAIK try to 'curse' you in some (annoying) way. Like, Rallic will permanently blind you to make it easier for his champion to beat you.

Never saw anything like that happen, unless you mean
the thing which happens at the very end of Act 3, and I said no to that because Duna was being kinda a dick about Dallis coming in and stealing the well, as if it was my fault that she had some bullshit back door teleporter shortcut. Also, at that point it was blatantly obvious he was about to try to kill me.

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
Also, have you guys looked at the global achievements? It's crazy! Only 5.3% of people have finished the game and of that 5.3%, only 1.4% on Tactician Mode!

+/- 200 people who have used a DLL hack + script to unlock all achievements.

LSLib Contributor | My Mods: DOS2, DOS2DE | 560K Steam Workshop Subscribers
OP Offline
Originally Posted by fireundubh

+/- 200 people who have used a DLL hack + script to unlock all achievements.

I doubt it. 200 people isn't even .1% for this game.

If that were even true, why is there achievements that 0 percent of the community have?

Quit calling hacks, tbh.

Last edited by Alexstrasza; 25/10/17 11:15 PM.
F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
If that were even true, why is there achievements that 0 percent of the community have? Quit calling hacks, tbh.

K.

OP Offline
If that were even true, why is there achievements that 0 percent of the community have? Quit calling hacks, tbh.

K.
  • Achievements: DLL hack to enable achievements with mods (Total DLs: 1.4K)
  • Achievement Unlocker: Mod that unlocks all 97 achievements (Total DLs: 184)

Doesn't mean anything.

You're not contributing anything constructive to my thread. Please stop derailing it with random anecdotes and useless generalizations about the community.

Last edited by Alexstrasza; 26/10/17 01:44 AM. Reason: Unlinked potentially unsafe URLs from quote.
F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
You're not contributing anything constructive to my thread. Please stop derailing it with random anecdotes and useless generalizations about the community.

What anecdotes? I didn't post any anecdotes. Also pretty sure that "+/- 200 people" is a far cry from a generalization.

Do you know what the words you use even mean?

OP Offline

What anecdotes? I didn't post any anecdotes. Also pretty sure that "+/- 200 people" is a far cry from a generalization.

Do you know what the words you use even mean?

You're posting the numbers of downloads of some random files that somehow indicate how many people hack this game. You're using this information as the sole basis of your argument to convey this. This all despite evidence on Steam that directly contradicts this - presuming it could even be used as a reliable measurement, which of course it can't.

The reason you're just being annoying for the sake of being a nuisance is nothing you said makes any sense, nor was it even on-topic to what was the main point of the thread. Your complete inability to understand that is why I'm going to block you.

Last edited by Alexstrasza; 26/10/17 05:56 AM.
F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
You're posting the numbers of downloads of some random files that somehow indicate how many people hack this game.

I posted an adjustment to your statistics, which is certainly on topic.

You're using this information as the sole basis of your argument to convey this.

Oh, yes, how dare I use statistical data to state, not argue, with statistical certainty that +/- 200 people 100%'d the achievements, including all the achievements you say are broken or not possible to obtain. HOW DARE I.

I'm going to block you.

I'm sorry you are unable to interact with anyone on this forum without becoming overtly hostile. See ya.

rolleyes

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Enough. Stay on topic, please.

J'aime le fromage.
OP Offline
Never saw anything like that happen, unless you mean
the thing which happens at the very end of Act 3, and I said no to that because Duna was being kinda a dick about Dallis coming in and stealing the well, as if it was my fault that she had some bullshit back door teleporter shortcut. Also, at that point it was blatantly obvious he was about to try to kill me.

Lol, I never understood why the Gods get super butt hurt about Dallis crashing your party. I guess they're just lashing out? Since they're about to die and turn on you to try and get some of their investment out of your corpse.

No, I mean the seven altars scattered all over the place in their temples. You have to pray to each one for it to reveal the symbol so you can enter it into the Lunar Gate to gain access to the Academy or whatever it's called. While praying, the other Gods try to hamper your efforts by cursing you sometimes.

You never did this? :O

Last edited by Alexstrasza; 26/10/17 06:24 AM.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard