Print Thread
E
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
E
[MINIMAL SPOILERS!]

Greetings, all!

The end of D:OSEE had the group visit a Source Academy and said or heavily implied (to my understanding) that there was a need for more Source Hunters.

D:OSII opens not with Source Hunters, but Magisters and the Divine Order who filled much of the same role at least on the surface.

What say you?

W
W
from what i understand, dos1 is set a long time ago, like thousands of years from dos2. so the magisters are just another organization that does roughly the same thing

Last edited by withpuppys; 27/10/17 02:58 AM.
E
apprentice
apprentice
E
Why not jusk ask Jahan? ^_^

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Yeah, they're about 1250 years apart, so all sorts of politics and factions and what-not have changed in the meantime.

J'aime le fromage.
old hand
old hand
According to fextralife, there's a time gap of 1300+ years between Origin Sin 1 and Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga. Original Sin 2 should be even after that. The Divine Order might be a product of Source Hunters, but chances are good that there isn't any Magister who used to be a Source Hunter from the 1st Original Sin, unless they can live for that long.

"We make our choices and take what comes and the rest is void."
veteran
veteran
In the nameless isle you find a Source huntress, and she laughs when you ask her, so I think those organizations or the paladin order are not related. And there is a huge time gap too.

Last edited by _Vic_; 27/10/17 03:36 AM.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Try2Handing
According to fextralife, there's a time gap of 1300+ years between Origin Sin 1 and Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga. Original Sin 2 should be even after that. The Divine Order might be a product of Source Hunters, but chances are good that there isn't any Magister who used to be a Source Hunter from the 1st Original Sin, unless they can live for that long.

IIRC, OS2 is around 55 years before D2, though I do recall some wrangling about exactly where it is in the timeline. I think that was more with regard to whether it was before or after BD, though.

J'aime le fromage.
Magisters are the active hand of a religious doctrine, and lead by Dallis is similar to something like the Spanish inquisition. Their motivations for hunting sourcerors are new and unrelated to the Source Hunter organisation's.

There is little they share except end goal and uniform colours. Besides, Source Hunters were all about bare chests and high heels; and I refuse to accept a worldview that accepts Source hunters without this.

Trap Strats: DOS1:EE? Cheese - DOS2? Mashed potatoes - Proper nutrition is key to dungeon delving.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by CatR
There is little they share except end goal and uniform colours. Besides, Source Hunters were all about bare chests and high heels; and I refuse to accept a worldview that accepts Source hunters without this.

I am disappointed in the absence of high heels and the rubbish shoes in general. I should really create a rant topic about it. And sticky it.

J'aime le fromage.
mfr Offline
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by vometia
Originally Posted by CatR

I am disappointed in the absence of high heels and the rubbish shoes in general. I should really create a rant topic about it. And sticky it.

Go for it!

Just out of interest, who was the source hunter with the bare chest and high heels?

(OK, I'll go back to lurking now, and take the medication.)

Someone must have spiked her senna pod drink!

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard