Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
the incarnate is bugged and has no abilities when summoned. i restarted the game and nothing changed. my summoning character is now virtually useless. thanks larian!

edit: more problems - memorizing a spell no longer automatically adds it to your hotbar (but consumables seem to still get added automatically when picked up), and unmemorizing a spell no longer works without manually removing it from your hotbar. no idea why any of this is the case? did a ton of bugs result from this patch? what's going on?

Last edited by miaasma; 27/10/17 12:10 AM.
G
journeyman
journeyman
G
Originally Posted by Undesirable
I worry that surfaces will be trivialized if the source point cost for bless is removed.

Do this: download the source free bless mod, and play a bit with it. It makes Bless something you use instead of something you... don't. Blessed surfaces are a thing you can think about doing instead of something that literally never happen. I know why they added the source cost, because it was sort of a "why not cast this," but with the source point cost it's never used.

Honestly the bigger problem with surfaces is how armor works so you don't have to worry about getting stunned or lighting on fire if you run into those things. Blessing a surface changes ALL of that surface, and often times it's better to be standing in fire that hurts you and all the bad guys instead of blessing it and making it good for everyone.

I know the implications of Bless with / without source cost, but the thing is people will have even less reason to be defensive if they can bless any surface at will to heal themselves or restore armour. There will also be less reason to play undead. Even if they are healing enemies too, they can remove points from constitution (if they had any there in the first place), Geomancer or Hydrosophist and put it in STR / INT / FIN / Warfare / Scoundrel / Huntsman to deal more damage, thus compensating for the healing of monsters. Bless needs to cost at least 3 AP if the source cost is removed.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
except you can't "bless every surface at will" because of how plentiful curse is in this game (which is half the reason to use bless anyway) combined with the idea that removing the source point cost would coincide with increasing the cooldown/ap cost. people don't want to be able to spam bless, they just want it to be worth using at all

right now, it's only worth using at all in certain fights that aren't curse spamfests and only after you get more than one source point to use. otherwise there's no reason to do it over almost any other source spell

Last edited by miaasma; 27/10/17 02:50 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Undesirable
Bless needs to cost at least 3 AP if the source cost is removed.

I would take that deal.

EDIT: Quote from below

Originally Posted by MAsterX
To be honest the fact that bless has a cost of 1 source point is not even the only problem. I recently downloaded a mod that made bless an innate ability constantly prepared but otherwise unchanged.

And after playing with it for a while I have to say that is it! You can use the point in dire situations and are not forced to plan ahead with bless at least the 1 point was the only cost so make it worth your investment! That should have been avaible from the beginning and made the blessing stuff much more usefull and finally worth the time and cost imho.

You mean if it still cost 1 AP and 1 Source point, but did not cost any Memory points?

Well, I certainly wouldn't mind if it cost 0 memory points to match the other god-given source powers, but if it still cost a source point, that wouldn't solve the balance problem between cursed and blessed surfaces, since enemies get a lot of ways to curse for free.

There just isn't really any effective counterplay to Curse.

Last edited by Stabbey; 27/10/17 04:43 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
To be honest the fact that bless has a cost of 1 source point is not even the only problem. I recently downloaded a mod that made bless an innate ability constantly prepared but otherwise unchanged.

And after playing with it for a while I have to say that is it! You can use the point in dire situations and are not forced to plan ahead with bless at least the 1 point was the only cost so make it worth your investment! That should have been avaible from the beginning and made the blessing stuff much more usefull and finally worth the time and cost imho.

Last edited by MAsterX; 27/10/17 03:18 AM.
F
apprentice
apprentice
F
About Warfare
I think balance for the sake of balance is a bad thing. Imagine a fighting game where every character is exactly identical. It is balanced, no doubt, but also boring. That being said, Warfare doesn't seem so overpowered at all. It is stronger than the other skills, but you can only put in 10 points and more importantly it doesn't make physical damage better than magical damage. If the wiki is correct, then a lv 20 fireball does ~1800 damage and a battle stomp ~1100. Looks fair to me.

About Bless
I am never going to use this as long it costs source points and source points don't replenish. Maybe if it could transform cursed to blessed in one cast and couldn't be countered by curse. That sounds like a nice mod, hope that is possible. Otherwise no, it is pretty useless.

N0x Offline
journeyman
journeyman
Thanks for the patch.

Originally Posted by Defender
What would you guys like to see change about balance/power ?

You can find HERE a list voted by a small part of the community. It shows the skills considered the best or the worst... and you really have a lot of useless/bad skills in the game. A LOT !

People are also expecting changes on the initiative system,
tweaks on the armor system, improving the talents, and so on... I guess the major changes will only appear in the EE (if there is one in the future). But no balance change on the skills is really a bummer frown

One quality of life improvement I thought would be there was the option to stop adding every item to the skill bar.

The majority of the fixes are bugs that should not have been there on the first place if Larian would have taken several more months to properly finish the game.

I am quite disappointed overall.

stranger
stranger
I am super glad that Larian is working on fixing all the issues and doing some improvements here and there, but also disappointed a little that some small QoL changes are still somewhere down the backlog (if at all) - namely the option to disable the auto-adding items on your hotbar that is being brought up multiple times with every patch both here and steam forums.

I downloaded a mod yesterday from Nexus Mods that disables this and author explain he literally had to change one line of code and change the value from "Yes" to "No". So the only real dev time I guess would have to be spent on developing a toggle somewhere on the HUD or a setting in gameplay options menu (which got shiny new graphics with this patch for some reason.:P).

stranger
stranger
Disappointed that Tarquin remains broken and will not return to the ship. I guess I'll just hold off playing any further until that gets fixed.

But I am really happy about a lot of the the other tweaks and fixes.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Originally Posted by Stabbey
I am in Act 4 now, and I have used Bless more in dialogue and on burning pigs than I have in combat, and the lack of reliable source refills in Act 3 and 4 means using it just won't happen.

Oh you will use it - more often than you want to in fact...
In the consulate with the cursed reverends. Perhaps there is a better way but I had to keep fleeing battle to top up source from the bodies by the waypoint shrine to bless all the bits of necrofire to stop them spawning. A longer cooldown for bless would make this battle even more irritating than removing the SP cost though...

The problem isn't really that bless costs 1 SP - I don't mind really. The problem is that 3SP skills are so much more powerful you don't feel like using points for anything else. Well I don't anyway.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
that's true in the last act of the game when those spells become available. but bless is available from about halfway through the first act. between when you get it and when you get access to those final tier source spells, bless sees very limited use, largely because of how easily it is nullified by curse (which is spammed by many enemies). the problem is that i like bless as a spell and the many ways it can be used are conducive to dynamic combat, but the fact that it costs a source point that i'd almost always be better off using on even a mediocre source spell discourages this sort of creative play. the fact that a blessed surface becomes a normal surface just because a specific enemy died on it highlights how easily the spell can be countered, which throws the fact that it costs a source point to use out of balance. it's really not a cost-effective spell at all in its current state, which is disappointing

N0x Offline
journeyman
journeyman
Bless is not the exception... At the very least 30% of the skills in the game are really weak.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
bless is the only spell in the game that does what it does, that was the point of the post

N0x Offline
journeyman
journeyman
Ok now I am not just disappointed but slightly angry too.
This patch broke the talent "The pawn" that I use and it also broke the skills on the summons.
Do they test their changes ?

C
stranger
stranger
C
I still cant load to chapter 3. I end up on desktop...

N
stranger
stranger
N
Hello, got a bad surprise with the one handed weapon "Hannal Lechet" like some other ppl here. It become a 2h weapon and i cant use it anymore.. crap !

By the way there is still an issue with skill bar and respec !

If you have some skill because of point given by your stuff (and not your base point added on each level) then each time you use the respec mirror they will be removed from your skill bar and from your memory.. really borring :'(

Anyway thanks for all the other bugfix and keep going, this game is awsome laugh

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Fumihiko
About Warfare
I think balance for the sake of balance is a bad thing. Imagine a fighting game where every character is exactly identical. It is balanced, no doubt, but also boring. That being said, Warfare doesn't seem so overpowered at all. It is stronger than the other skills, but you can only put in 10 points and more importantly it doesn't make physical damage better than magical damage. If the wiki is correct, then a lv 20 fireball does ~1800 damage and a battle stomp ~1100. Looks fair to me.

Warfare would be just fine if it did not affect damage done by daggers, bows/crossbows, and Necromancy spells. Really, it's the fact that it's better to boost Warfare than the actual schools associated with those weapons is what I would consider a problem. One skill being the best at boosting damage for four completely different fighting styles reduces diversity and channels people into using cookie-cutter builds.

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
Larian, please acknowledge the issues. It is a relief to your player base to know this is on your radar. I had to quit my co-op game last night with my remote friend to play Small World 2 because he was very frustrated with his toolbars and incarnate issues.

In any case, communication helps.I expect the message is, "we know and we are working around the clock to fix issues with the patch." Dialing in what you know is important and if you think this is a one-day thing vs a one-week thing also helps.

Thanks for all the hard work. There is no bigger bummer when pushing a patch which should be incremental goodness to have a slight issue and then have players come out and trash you for your efforts - as if you are not professionals and want the best for your players; I have felt this pain.

I can understand the disappointment in losing some time with an activity one love's...but one should be careful not to bite the hand that feeds it.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Quests completed before the patch are gone from the log book. Quests completed after the patch are also acting up - showing up once as Closed, then gone from the Archive section. The Archived section looks broken.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon, Seter 

Link Copied to Clipboard