Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Hey

I followed the guide to make a Teleport, but whenever I target a source on a different Level, it will not work. How can I teleport from Fort Joy towards a new Level ?

Last edited by Volsungh; 26/10/17 04:53 PM.
old hand
old hand
Make sure whatever object you are targeting as the teleport destination is set to 'global' in its properties, if you haven't already.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
It is already Global. I could select it in the Editor, but after so the Editor log says that it is not possible to source teleport towards a different level. And when I try it in game it does not work.

T
addict
addict
T
In a previous post I suggested this would work, but it indeed does not. The only way to teleport to a new level is to use the Osiris story call CharacterTeleportPartiesToTrigger() and its movie-playing related variations.

To trigger this by using an item, set the item's action to send an Osiris event, and use the following story code:
Code
IF
CharacterUsedItem(_Player,ITEMGUID_YourTeleportItem_GUID)
THEN
CharacterTeleportPartiesToTrigger(TRIGGERGUID_YourDestinationTrigger_GUID,"");

To get the ITEMGUID_YourTeleportItem_GUID, select the teleport item, then right-click in the main editor window and select "Copy Type_Name_GUID"). Same for the trigger.

For a tutorial on how to make a basic story, see https://docs.larian.game/Tutorial_-_Implementing_a_Basic_Quest#Building_Your_First_Story.

addict
addict
And be aware that ALL the party will go to another level, a single player cannot go to a level, while the others stay in another.

Un chemin de 1000 lieues commence par un premier pas.

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard