Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
W
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
W
Pretty much what the topic asks. I'm not 100% sure if this should go here under the Game Master section, or if it should go under the modding section, because it honestly falls under both I'd imagine. I'd love the option to add custom music (custom audio in general really) into GM mode, but there isn't really any solid documentation on how to go about doing this so I'm looking for some pointers. I have the Divinity Engine installed and am expecting I'll have to go through that to get the game to read the assets and everything, although I'm in no way proficient with it. I'll figure out what I need to, but some help getting me in the right direction would be super appreciated if anybody has some idea of where I should start.

E
stranger
stranger
E
I would also very much like to do this. Not sure if anybody has successfully figured out if and how its possible yet though.

Hi!
No, this is not possible yet.

Rocks fall, everyone dies
E
stranger
stranger
E
"yet"?

meaning.. maybe an addition? wink

Its not a promise or inside. Meaning I cannot share what our dev plan is. smile

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Seter

Haha, you evil secret mofoe! smile

We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents. - Bob Ross
E
stranger
stranger
E
Originally Posted by Seter

So your saying there's a plan...

wink

but really.. I want this added bad.

veteran
veteran
I'd wildly guess there's a bit more at play. Unless they add a converter in the game / editor, which would be a major task on its own, you'd otherwise have to use Wwise to convert music to .wem and make soundbanks out of it, and know exactly the format and settings this particular engine requires. Then there's the licensing ordeal with Wwise, commercial or non-commercial (how many sounds your project can have), adding some routine in the game/editor to update its current soundbank with the new files, and the whole grey-zone area of risking people using copyrighted music which could spawn a whole other legality issue. Perhaps there's some legality mumbo jumbo separating developers from mods in that regard, leaving consequences and infringements solely on the modder, I don't know.

That's just speculation.

E
stranger
stranger
E
When I saw this as the first line of the recent patch notes I got excited..

" - Updated music tab. Added new music and fixed several playback issues "

While I would wildly guess back is that I don't think its nearly as difficult as you say, I am kinda assuming it will be left to modders to accomplish this. I'm pretty sure there are games out there that can use multiple formats of audio or combinations of soundbanks and audio files. But what do I know, I'm not a mod maker or game designer.

I just want to play custom music.
Thanks for all the other updates in the patch at least guys. I really hope GM mode continues to grow and get smoother.

M
stranger
stranger
M
The ability to play custom music will be, at least for me, a HUGE bonus. While I absolutely adore Borislav Slavov and his works (not just in this game but, for example, Crysis 2), he obviously didn't create a million different tracks for the game.

So, custom music would open up a plethora of abilities for the GM to set the atmosphere of a map. I think this feature is a must-have and I really hope Larian will implement it.

Incidentally, while the latest patch did thankfully squash the music bug (it behaved strangely before and sometimes refused to play the selected track) and they introduced many scores that were previously not available for selection, they also decided to rename the majority of the tracks... This meant my large campaign which I'm designing at the moment, required a complete overhaul of music for every location, as the previous track names simply did not exist any more.

Larian, if you guys are going to rename tracks again (and hopefully add some more, like that pirate-esque battle one!), please don't rename them any more. :)

Originally Posted by MetalCanyon

Larian, if you guys are going to rename tracks again (and hopefully add some more, like that pirate-esque battle one!), please don't rename them any more. smile

Sorry you had to go over your scenes and assign sounds again. But we considered current naming better than previous because now it search/design friendly. Before when you had tracks uniquely named it was hard to look for track suitable for current situation. Now titles reflects track content and it should be easier to find appropriate.

M
stranger
stranger
M
[quote=Seter]Sorry you had to go over your scenes and assign sounds again. But we considered current naming better than previous because now it search/design friendly. Before when you had tracks uniquely named it was hard to look for track suitable for current situation. Now titles reflects track content and it should be easier to find appropriate. [/quote]

No worries. And I appreciate the work you gals and guys are putting into the game!

As additional feedback, I think having an extra music selection box for combat would be helpful. At the moment, if I wish an area to have a certain music, I pick and play it. However, I want the combat music in the same area to be something I pick, not a track the game decides to play. Which means I have to look for the specific track and play it when the combat starts for the players.

It would be a nice quality-of-life addition if the GM could choose exactly which track will automatically play for everyone if combat starts.

A simple progress bar with the elapsed and total time of the track would be great as well. The GM would, if required, know at a glance how long each track is and how long everyone has been listening to it. The seek bar would also help with creating maps quickly, as currently you need to spend quite a bit of time selecting the appropriate music, only to find that perhaps the middle or the end part don't quite fit. The ability to skim through the tracks like that in-game and also adjust it for the players on the fly would be handy.

Obviously these are just some of my things on the wishlist. The biggest thing I really care about - as far as music goes - is the ability to play custom tracks. :)

Also, apologies about my previous post. I don't know why my English got so horribly broken.

H
stranger
stranger
H
Just registering my interest in getting custom sound addition resolved as well! Pretty please!

stranger
stranger
up! juste want to now if it s available (now since the time this thread is turning XD) a way to add sound and music in the GM mode. easy or complicated way.
Thank you in advance ^^

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard