Next Thread
Print Thread
D
Deana Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
I would really like to see a fix for npcs talking to companions just because they are closest to them. NPCs should always address the main character in auto dialogue. I gave and earned my character specific tags and it's irritating to finish a fight and have the conversation started with a companion instead of my character.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
That is quite annoying; especially if it's something that requires a check and they got the one whose conversational skill amounts to "huh?"

J'aime le fromage.
Yeah, especially on honour mode for us. Having to set up the fight's conclusion with the main talker in the perfect spot to communicate with the NPCs at the end of the fight is always annoying.

If we didn't know exactly how the fights played out from experience, we'd be screwed by bad game design.

S
stranger
stranger
S
+1

Or maybe allow switching to another character during dialogue, like in DOS1, although this would only work in dialogues that engage multiple party members.

If a thug tries to intimidate my scrawny mage, I want to allow my burly dwarf to step into the conversation for that strength check.

addict
addict
This. The amount of times the NPC's wanted to talk to Ifan (That my friend was controlling) got beyond annoying. Like stop talking to the damn healer, talk to me who has the persuasion stat. They wouldnt even to my friends main character, almost always Ifan... ._.

stranger
stranger
+1 it's disheartening sometimes... Like once, I saved certain guy's family from execution and only the main character talked to them. Then I found this guy and he helped me with a loooong battle. The fight ends and as I'm super concerned about my main character's position (cause obviously the guy would comment on the fight we just survived) he ends up talking to my healer, which seemed to be next in initiative before the fight ended -.- He asks for his family and obviously the healer knows nothing about that, and I'm like "can you ask me, please? I know your folks!"

Anyway... Auto-dialogue should target always the main character... Companions can interrupt when they desperately need to talk to that NPC...

Loki makes the world more interesting but less safe... He is the father of monsters, the author of woes, the sly god...
E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
When conversation auto-starts, I'd like the option as the first dialog box to include:

"Please instead talk to one of my companions"

which would bring up a menu with options of

"*Speak with <party member 2>.*
*Speak with <party member 3>.*
*Speak with <party member 4>.*
*Never mind.*"

W
apprentice
apprentice
W
I agree with you guys and i have to add something on that case.
Since the game let you talk to somone multiple times (as many characters you have in party) then 3 options an be made.
1. All dialogues start with main character if he is alive otherwise ask to whom he will talk to. Once the dialogue is finished then thats it. You cant talk again with a different character and do different things. Also your main character receives the bonus persuasion of the highest among the party.
2. Always talk to the character with the highest persuasion values and if there are more than one having the same high values then ask to whom to talk to.
3. Every dialogue starts with a character picking phase so you can choose who will do the coversation

P
apprentice
apprentice
P
I agree that forced dialogs targeting the "wrong" character are annoying. I'd prefer a way to intervene if I, or the group I play with, do not agree with the game's choice. The notion of a main character becomes fuzzy when playing co-op and always having to pick a character would be tiresome (but less annoying than the current behavior).

S
S
It was a problem with the first game, people complained about it, and now it's a problem with the second game and people are complaining about it.

This is one area where Larian are just so completely tunneled vision. They don't even comment on it.

F
addict
addict
F
+1

Maybe an option to designate an "embassador" would be great.

#JusticeForKarlach

Petition to save Karlach: https://www.change.org/p/justice-for-karlach

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard