Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Christmas is almost upon us, so let's all write a letter to Santa Swen about what we would like to see in a potential expansion pack and/or DOS2EE. Feel free to add your own points.

"Dear Santa,
I have been a good Sourcerer this year. I really limited my Sourcery only to Blessing surfaces and I have slain many, many Voidwoken.

Being a Sourcerer is really hard, however.

• Please add the missing skill trees, or allow us to vote on 2-3 new ones. I am personally rooting for Bard, Alchemist and Unarmed;
  • Please expand game content beyond act 2: the latter half of the game is full of cool location which, to an extent, feel empty :(;
  • Please unlock talents for modding, and in general remove several hardcoded limits - even if what I really wanted (possibility to add new elements) is extremely unlikely to happen :'(;
  • Please provide us with more/improved tools to ensure mods are compatible with each other;

I know these things look like a lot, but you made a lot of money with your big Black Pits bet!

Love,
Your favourite Sourcerer

PS: when you come to my ship, please be careful not to step on the undead cat. And don't look in the big mirror - you might end up as a different person."

veteran
veteran
For the respect and ensured survival of online interweb-cats, please give us the tools necessary to add our own audio to mods. A campaign with some voiced content and some un-voiced feels incomplete ^^,

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by The Composer
For the respect and ensured survival of online interweb-cats, please give us the tools necessary to add our own audio to mods. A campaign with some voiced content and some un-voiced feels incomplete ^^,

That is already happening... hopefully.

veteran
veteran
I think one of the problems with the game is actually that it tries to do so much that it leaves a lot of things much less polished than they should be.

I would rather that Larian work instead of adding new skill trees, to make the existing skills much more balanced and useful.

I totally agree with unlocking Talents for modding and also adding more Talents and rebalancing others, because Talents remain as underwhelming as they were in D:OS 1, with so much potential unfulfilled.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Stabbey
I think one of the problems with the game is actually that it tries to do so much that it leaves a lot of things much less polished than they should be.

I would rather that Larian work instead of adding new skill trees, to make the existing skills much more balanced and useful.

I totally agree with unlocking Talents for modding and also adding more Talents and rebalancing others, because Talents remain as underwhelming as they were in D:OS 1, with so much potential unfulfilled.

It is possibly the biggest request here on the forum: unlock talents because they are incredibly underwhelming and, frankly, useless.

N0x Offline
journeyman
journeyman
I don't want any more skills.
I just want the skills in the game to be relevant ! There are so many useless skills/talents at the moment.

Last edited by N0x; 03/11/17 10:45 PM.
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by N0x
I don't want anymore skills.
I just want the skills in the game to be relevant ! There are so many useless skills/talents at the moment.

Such as?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem
Such as?

Do you want the list alphabetically or ordered by skill school?

N0x Offline
journeyman
journeyman
I have already a topic on the subject HERE . You can find the post where I give the survey results.
You will find way too many skills that are from utter garbage to lousy crap.

But there are way more.

Such as?

The only reason you'd ask that, is if you have never played D:OS2 yet. Otherwise, just being a facetious instigator.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Alexstrasza

Such as?

The only reason you'd ask that, is if you have never played D:OS2 yet. Otherwise, just being a facetious instigator.

I haven't found any skill COMPLETELY useless. I stopped playing at Black Pits due to work+study commitments.

stranger
stranger
No skill is useless indeed, they all do something. Some of them just do it way better than others.
Even some good skills (like uncanny evasion) are completely outshined by others (like chameleon cloak).

So if you are replaying the game or just a "theorycrafter" right from the beginning, you will only use a small portion of all skills, because you only have a few AP per turns and putting point in Memory is costly.

Last edited by HeyHeyMyMy; 04/11/17 09:26 AM.
N0x Offline
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by HeyHeyMyMy
No skill is useless indeed, they all do something. Some of them just do it way better than others.

You are an optimistic person are you not :p ?
Breathing bubble/Mass breathing bubble ==> Do you really have issues again clouds ?
Erratic wisp ==> Do you like being teleported right in a pack of enemies ?
Turn to oil, bleed fire, dimensional bolt, planar gateway, ... the list is so long I don't even want to list them all again. Have a look at the survey, a lot of people highly disagree with you.

Even some good skills (like uncanny evasion) are completely outshined by others (like chameleon cloak).

If you answer the survey you will be able to see the rating for each skill. You will find that Uncanny evasion is in fact a good skill. Being outshined by other skills does not make a good skill a bad one.

So if you are replaying the game or just a "theorycrafter" right from the beginning, you will only use a small portion of all skills, because you only have a few AP per turns and putting point in Memory is costly.

This is not about theorycrafting but more about liberties of character creation. One of the strongest point of DOS is being able to create your character as you feel. But with many useless skills, a lot of hybrid class cannot come to life. If those skills would become relevant, it would change a lot of things.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by N0x

You are an optimistic person are you not :p ?
Breathing bubble/Mass breathing bubble ==> Do you really have issues again clouds ?
Erratic wisp ==> Do you like being teleported right in a pack of enemies ?
Turn to oil, bleed fire, dimensional bolt, planar gateway, ... the list is so long I don't even want to list them all again. Have a look at the survey, a lot of people highly disagree with you.

Well I was kinda irronic. Every skill does something, that's a fact. What they do however, is often useless or very poor compared to others.

Originally Posted by N0x

If you answer the survey you will be able to see the rating for each skill. You will find that Uncanny evasion is in fact a good skill. Being outshined by other skills does not make a good skill a bad one.

Sure it's not. However, if I need to choose between them, why would I go for uncanny ? Similar abilities should be better in some scenario, not in all scenarios.

Originally Posted by N0x

This is not about theorycrafting but more about liberties of character creation. One of the strongest point of DOS is being able to create your character as you feel. But with many useless skills, a lot of hybrid class cannot come to life. If those skills would become relevant, it would change a lot of things.

I'm in the same boat here. I'm not sure the correct therm was "theorycraft", but my point is that some rebalance is needed to make every skill a desirable choice for a specific build or situation.

Last edited by HeyHeyMyMy; 04/11/17 10:09 AM.
veteran
veteran
A core element that makes many skills more useless is still the armor system, because heavy damage skills are more preferable to low damage CC skills for a huge part of the fight. It's also the reason why water/air is inferior to fire/earth.

Also Flat-stat buffs totally lose they worth the more the game progresses, because +1 does not make a real difference if you already have stats that are 20+. (Also the reason why stuff like food is not that valuable.)

L
stranger
stranger
L
I'd like some integrated screenshot making option. I missed it in the first DOS. I'm currently using fraps but it is not completely reliable and also is 3rd party

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by LordGryphon
I'd like some integrated screenshot making option. I missed it in the first DOS. I'm currently using fraps but it is not completely reliable and also is 3rd party

Gog version?

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by LordGryphon

Not that I have a problem with them adding it to the game. But check out Greenshot for screen captures, lots of options, sort of like the Notepad++ of screenshot tools.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by The Composer

Yes, please give your toolset team the time to wrap up some of the important missing features in the editor before putting them to work on the next project, pretty please!

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Kalrakh
A core element that makes many skills more useless is still the armor system, because heavy damage skills are more preferable to low damage CC skills for a huge part of the fight. It's also the reason why water/air is inferior to fire/earth.

I remember the many times I though "shackles of pain would be good here" just to fail on physical armor and do *literally* nothing. Compared to many others that fail on armor still doing tons of damage. I quickly took it out of rotation for being fairly useless overall.

Air/Water has some good stuff, my Lohse has them and they're fairly helpful. But they all have a 3AP cost for some reason while powerful fire and earth is 2AP. Not quite sure why that is, but I feel that's the sole reason why they feel rather lacklustre.

And yes, every time I get talents it's just a big giant list of "nope" to go through for that one that doesn't sound so terrible but isn't very impressive either, and I usually just take for gigles. Even took +skills talent (and +attributes for my wits-lackey), I don't think I've even opted for that one in D:OS1.

As much as any other games, I just want a big big patch to shape a game up to snuff myself.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard