Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Akabu Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Can't understand it. Yes, i can copy simple skill like fire ball, change damage and description via Stats Editor. But it become useless if i want to create skills like teleportation or chain of pain or guardian angel.
I understand that it must be somewhere in scripts or something like this.
I unpacked Shared.pak and look through scripts but found nothing about skills.
I had tried look in Story Editor but found nothing.
I unpacked a mod that adds new skills, but it does't have scripts, it only has .txt files. And there's nothing about skills in them.
At the same time, I see around a bunch of mods with new skills and it looks like it's the simplest thing all around the world.
Could you help me? Where are the skill scripts, where they describe how they work?
p.s. Sorry for my English, it's not my language.

F
apprentice
apprentice
F
Maybe this can help you: https://docs.larian.game/Part_1:_creating_a_new_skill

You only need scripts if you want to do something which goes beyond the vanilla skills.

Akabu Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
[quote=Fumihiko]Maybe this can help you: [url]https://docs.larian.game/Part_1:_creating_a_new_skill[/url]

You only need scripts if you want to do something which goes beyond the vanilla skills. [/quote]
No, that will not help. I already saw it. It's about the Stats Editor. Stats Editor don't let you to create special skills like Teleportation or Living Wall.
I believe that the effect of these skills should be written in the script.
I want to find out where the scripts of existing skills are.
If I'm wrong, please correct me.

journeyman
journeyman
Teleportation and Living Wall are both in the stats editor and require no scripts.

Akabu Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
[quote=Sinistralis]Teleportation and Living Wall are both in the stats editor and require no scripts. [/quote]

In that case, I correctly understood that absolutely all skills in the divinity engine are described only in the Stats Editor?
Stats Editor allows you to change variables and flags, but doesn't allow you to change the action of the skill.

How to create special skills without examples? I thought I could repeat and combine their effects as I want with scripts.

I saw unusual skills, for example, to call three creatures at different points simultaneously. There is no such thing in the game.

And how in this case to connect scripts with skills? I suppose this could be done through assigning and tracking statuses to characters, but calling creatures does not use statuses in any way. There is nothing in the manual about this.

Akabu Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Now I understand this better, and now I understand that I was wrong.
I realized that the effects of skills are gathered together in at least three different places:
SkillData
StatusData
Stats > Potion
The last most unobvious. And I even found a skill with two simultaneous summons.

But I still want to do skills with effects that are not in the game. That's why I very much counted on examples.

For example.
2 skills for crossbowmen or archer:
1) I called him "On guard". The Character 1 is attached status of "On Guard". When someone (let's call him Character 2) in a certain radius from Character 1 shoots somewhere or in someone (for example, in Character 3), Character 1 shoots at Character 2.
2) I called him "Covering". Character 1 selects the allied target (Character 2) and gets the status of "Status 1". Character 2 gets the status "Status 2". When Character 3 deals Characters 2 damage in any way, Character 1 shoots at Character 3.

I wanted to make this one for a spear:
3) Attach a status that works as an opportunist, but attacks the enemies that approach the character from the front instead of trying to run past him.

4) Magic skill. You need to choose 2 targets in a row (like in the "Ice Fan" skill, only there are 3 targets). The first specifies the element from the surface. The second sets the target for the attack.

I assume that all this can be done through scripts. I was looking for samples for an accelerated process.
In any case, I will continue to try to understand how this works. And I will be happy with your thoughts on this matter.

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard