Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Some things I still wonder about...

1) What's up with the Voidwoken Fish Exchange item? Put a voidwoken fish in a barrel and cast it upon it, but nothing happens? What's it for?

2) In the archive of bloodmoon island is a Tenebrium chest. Where's it's key? Or the blade of the sword-part found there?

3) In the graveyard there's a small dungeon with a coffin that wont budge. Next room a pressure plate where if you stand on it the door closes and graphically steam comes out of the vents, but nothing happens. What's up with that area, and is the tomb openable?

4) How do you finish the "Love has a Price" side-quest? Or just bugged?
EDIT: I slept with her as Red Prince and got the Red Princess event.

5) What can you do with the Djinn's necklace to close the Wishful Thinking sidequest? Or just a bug?
EDIT: According to a walkthrough I can't sell it (I can) and guards should check for it (they don't). So... who do I need to poke to close this?

6) Anything to do with the Phoenix Egg? It's listed under "Magical Items"

Last edited by Hassat Hunter; 07/11/17 11:54 PM.
veteran
veteran
1) Not sure. I heard rumors that it might be something in Act 4. You also can;t make it into a spellbook. I think.

2) I don't know about the key, but you can just lockpick it, and you will want to open it. It will drain source points, but that shouldn't be an issue.

3) That's part of Tarquins quest, the one which the game considers mandatory, and one which takes ages to finish, even though the reward is just worthless garbage. Did you find Quarra, by any chance?

One thing which is hard to remember: When in doubt,
Use Source Vision

5) I just sold it immediately, this is probably a quest which doesn't close properly, don't worry about it. The conclusion is "hey this necklace is stolen, wow"!

6) Sell it. That's all. (This quest seems unfinished, but apparently your choice is either "eat it immediately for phoenix dive" or sell it.)

old hand
old hand
1) The Voidwoken Fish Exchange scroll is used to sell fish to "the Doctor" - as the description implies. It is used later when you're in Arx. Could be pretty important (you might not need it), and you have only one use.

5) If you pass the INT/FIN check and get the amulet, that one is not stolen. The quest should close when you get your wish though.

Last edited by Try2Handing; 08/11/17 03:10 AM.

"We make our choices and take what comes and the rest is void."
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
1) Doubt it, it's listed as a "misc" item. I figured it had to do with *that* doctor, but it seems odd to get it so soon while it has use muuuuuuch later. After it did nothing I reloaded so I still got it for using there though.

2) Eh, I just dismissed my lockpicking henchmen frown.

3) Well, I murdered him on the Vengeance, so guess that's that.

5) Yeah, it's kinda odd, it's the only "reward" that was actually rather good, took vendors some time to catch up to it's value. And yeah, all the other options closed it, this one didn't so I figured there was more to it, like the original owner claiming it. Guess not.

6) smirk.

Thanks for the answers all. Guess it's off to Nameless Isle.

veteran
veteran
No, really. You REALLY want to open that locked chest in the archives.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Well, I've finished most of the pre-Academy Nameless Isle, so not really returning for it.

Oh, and something else I just remembered... what's with the old coin near the source hounds in Driftwood (at the other bridge)? There's plenty of bugged gold around, but this one is specifically called different than gold, and I found 0 use for it.

veteran
veteran
I think it was a sign that the Lich from Mordus's cellar passed by that way. But there was only the one, not enough for a trail of coins.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
But it's there from the start, long before you do any quests.

stranger
stranger
1) In the quest "Aggressive Takeover" you might need a Void-Tainted Fish to give Garvan a Tainted Stew ;-)

Steam ID: darkflemish
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by darkflemish
1) In the quest "Aggressive Takeover" you might need a Void-Tainted Fish to give Garvan a Tainted Stew ;-)

You can find dozens of those for free, it's unrelated to the scroll, and in fact a waste of the scroll.

J
apprentice
apprentice
J
Keep the scroll. Use it to get into the Doctor's basement: dump a bunch of fish in a barrel, along with a teleportation pyramid. Use the scroll on the barrel, then teleport to it and you'll be in his basement.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Yeah, I've done the tainted stew thing quite some time ago, found another scroll on the Nameless Isle (don't know where from), still no use there so odd for Arx specific items to drop there still.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard