Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Hello, ive been trying to edit a few aspects of the skill "source vampirism" but without any success, i wanted to:

1- increase the number of SP source vapirism drains/regens

2- make it usable on anyone(not rquire the target to have SPs)

3- make it ignore magic armor

but i cant seem to find anything related to any of these things in the editor, even after finding the skill, i cant find a related status that could change how strong it is or its saving throw :^(

so if anyone has any idea, pls help

Last edited by TKDancer; 09/11/17 06:32 PM.
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
bleppy bump

journeyman
journeyman
Looks like thats a hard-coded effect. If you want to change it you will have to use the script calls that alter Source Points for a character. CharacterAddSourcePoints and CharacterGetSourcePoints. You will also want to put a CanGiveSP check in the TargetConditions field so the skill can't be used on targets without SP.

Last edited by Sinistralis; 10/11/17 01:52 AM.
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Originally Posted by Sinistralis
Looks like thats a hard-coded effect. If you want to change it you will have to use the script calls that alter Source Points for a character. CharacterAddSourcePoints and CharacterGetSourcePoints. You will also want to put a CanGiveSP check in the TargetConditions field so the skill can't be used on targets without SP.

thanks for the reply, i'll see what i can do today, any idea about making vampirism go through magic armor tho?

Last edited by TKDancer; 10/11/17 08:06 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
When you make the custom skill, you would need to make a custom status and key your effect off that custom status. You can then alter what blocks it, if anything via the status properties.

veteran
veteran
When you make the custom skill, you would need to make a custom status and key your effect off that custom status. You can then alter what blocks it, if anything via the status properties.

Somehow statuses in-editor are exceedingly powerful.

T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T

so what should my custom status look like ?

journeyman
journeyman
I'm a believer in teaching to fish : ). I've saved you most of the searching. How these pieces fit together is something you need to work out.

I will tell you roughly what you need though.

1 Target Skill
1 CONSUME Status (I recommend not giving this an Icon, you don't want the status visible as it only serves as a hook into your script)
1 Potion Entry (likely almost completely empty, only needed due to status requirement) (I recommend not giving this an Icon either as the Status will fallback to it if it exists

And then in Osiris, you need CharacterStatusApplied. Since you can configure the Target Skill to ignore anything without SP and you can configure the CONSUME status to ignore armor or magic armor, you can safely assume that if your status is applied, you can modify SP.

I would then try just using CharacterAddSourcePoints and see if a negative number works here. If it does, StatusApplied gives you both the caster and the target, so you add -1 to the target and +1 to the caster.

This is pretty much 85% of the ability. The rest is just making it, putting it together, and testing it.

Do note that it's possible the -1 approach will not work. If that happens, you might be out of luck unless you want a hacky solution like setting magic armor to 0 on skill cast and restoring it later.

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard