Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Hello! I'm thinking of adding a mod to create boosts and stat bumps to existing weapons and armor that would be agnostic of their type (so swords can get Int +1 for example). Can this be done via ItemCombos only? What sort of things should I be looking at?

T
stranger
stranger
T
Hi,

I made a mod where you can add boosts eg. resistance to a armor pice. Also you can add intelligence and more to a amulet.
I did this by making new ItemCombos.
It's very easy you open Stats Editor and go to your project.

There goto ItemCombos and click the + then choose Item Combos. Doubble click on the new entry.

- Then you can give your upgrade a name eg. 'Boost_Sword_Intelligence_01'

- RecipeCategory choose the category 'Weapons'
- Type 1 'Object'
- Object 1 the item that give the boost eg. POITION_Minor_Intelligence_Potion
- Transform 1 Consume (The item will be consumed after combining)
- Type 2 'Category'
- Object 2 'Sword'
- Transform 2 'Boost'
- Result 1 'Boost_Sword_Inteligence_01_1' (I use the name of the combo plus a number)
- Boost 1 'Boost_Weapon_Primary_Intelligence' (You will find the boosts in Shared -> Stats -> Weapon. Use filter 'boost')
- PreviewIcon 'Item_WPN_Sword_A' (The icons and tooltip you will find in Shared -> ItemCombos -> ObjectCategoriesItemComboPreviewData)
- PreviewTooltip 'Sword'

Thats all ;-)

Save and export the stat then publish the mod.
Now you can boost your sword with +1 intelligence when you combine it with Minor Intelligence Potion.

To make diverent combos you can copy your new stat in the next row and change the poition to 'POITION_Minor_Intelligence_Potion' and give a new name.

Cu Thalon

Last edited by ThalonMook; 17/11/17 04:07 PM.
F
apprentice
apprentice
F
Well, can you also remove boosts from gear? Can you have negative boosts? Can you make sure the player can only apply a certain amount of boosts (like 1 or 2)? Can you have these changes done by an NPC merchant?

The last one is no, I haven't found a way to change the metadata via scripts (or Osiris) and it is a request for new feature here: http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=633399

Please tell me if I am wrong, I would love to have more ways to change items.

Link Copied to Clipboard