Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Laslen Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
So, I've made it to Arx, and then realized I'm supposed to have 3 max source points. I have 2. Is there any way to get the third one now?

It seems like a very strange game design to allow me to advance to a higher zone without telling me I'm missing vital quests, or warning me that I haven't completed an important step. I'm new to this game series, and I don't like to be constantly googling things while I'm playing the game. I feel like that's research, not videogaming.

Thank you for reading.

veteran
veteran
No. You're stuck at 2 now.

Hmmm... I would have thought that you needed to get 3 to be able to advance. It might be a case of Larian's insistence on giving what they consider "maximum freedom to players" even when they really shouldn't.

old hand
old hand
Back then to me it was quite clear that "advancing the main story" and "maxing out source points" don't *have* to go together, even though they are intertwined. You can tell the latter is pretty major though, considering how you are constantly reminded of it as you progress through Act 2 - it's hard to miss it unintentionally.

Without all 3 points you can't use tier 3 source abilities, but that's about it. It's not like a game-breaking oversight or anything. To be honest, I played on Tactician and I didn't bother with those skills much, because they were so overkill. In most cases, anyway. It's true some fights I was glad I had all 3 points, but generally you can totally make do with 2 points. Having only 2 points might actually give you a more solid tactical challenge once you get decent at this game.

"We make our choices and take what comes and the rest is void."
H
journeyman
journeyman
H
When my main character was Fane, I got a strong hint to accept propositions when speaking to certain sourcerers. That didn't happen with Lohse, but the meistr's explanation of the requirement to maximize them at the expense of making deals with source extremists was really strong anyway.

You don't need more than one to complete the game.

Trap Strats: DOS1:EE? Cheese - DOS2? Mashed potatoes - Proper nutrition is key to dungeon delving.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard