Print Thread
#637171 15/11/17 11:10 PM
J
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
Not necessarily a script question, but!

I am trying to set up a camera spline for an automated event in one of my levels, and I am having a number of issues with the camera spline:

I can place a camera spline with no issue, but when I hit the "add a spline on current camera position" button on the left panel nothing happens.

Furthermore, when I reload level and story the camera spline gets moved to the 0:0 coordinate of my map.

Final issue is that nothing happens when a character enters the trigger. (I have tested and other events tied to the trigger do fire).

I know the code is correct, I checked it against the EndGame_FirstFight code from the main game. But, no matter what I do the camera spline just does nothing and resets to coord 0:0.

Any help would be appreciated.

Not really relevant to the question, but this is the code line I am using for the camera, it is an exact match to the base game line, just changed the associated spline name and UID.

StartCameraSpline(SPLINEGUID_DanielCam_48f6f39d-e965-489d-8b98-bf51fe5db35f,_Player,3.0,1,1,0);

J
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
As a follow-up, I have found a work around:

CameraActivate(_Player, "S_DanielCam", 15.5, 0, 0, 1);

The only problem with this command is that it is purely based on a timer, so if you use standard dialog that waits for player input the timing may get messed up.

Moderated by  Larian_Koala 

Link Copied to Clipboard